PDA

View Full Version : Firebird Fiction - A web fiction Patreon

Rebecca Sutton
07-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi,

I'm Becka Sutton.

I'm part of the smaller and less well known sibling of the webcomic community - the web fiction community. Incase you don't know web fiction is original fiction posted on the web.

For the past four years and a half years I've been posting my fiction in serial form at my site "Firebird Fiction (http://firebird-fiction.com)". My longest running serial "The Dragon Wars Saga" has updated twice a week without fail for all that time and is likely to be ongoing for the foreseeable future.

I'm currently also posting a Science Fantasy Serial - The Whisper of Damkina - which is about six months old and updates once a week. It has the added twist that I let my readers leave prompts and work them into the next installment.

I'm not new to crowdfunding - I have run two IndiGoGo campaigns in order to fund book versions of the first two arcs of The Dragon Wars Saga. The first one missed target but raised enough to cover my costs for the first book (I'd set it at the minimum they allow) and the second hit target.

However my posting on the website was far from breaking even. I had a good day job so I could afford to pay for it.

But now I've been made redundant (along with nearly 500 other people where I work - restructuring). So I decided it was time to try Patreon. I'd be honored if you'd take a look at my work and if it is to your taste become a Patron.

The Firebird Fiction Patreon Page (http://www.patreon.com/BeckaSutton).

Thank you,
Becka

Salvador Briggman
07-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I see that you also have a paypal donate and flattr button on your website. Have you gotten any response from those over the years?

I've seen a few sites that use project wonderful. Any reason you choose them over adsense?

Rebecca Sutton
07-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi again,

I answered the first question on the relevant thread. As to why I chose Project Wonderful - I like the way the ads are usually for other creative projects and how easy it is to manage. Plus I do my own advertising via Project Wonderful so the pennies I earn from it can go straight back into my ad budget without having to move them from a to b with attendant costs.

Becka

Amy Thompson
01-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Is this a new crowd funding site. I just haven't heard of.

Sumer
02-07-2015, 05:02 AM
Hi,

This is exceptionally decent and wonderful post.
I am very happy joine this forum.
I like it exceptionally much....!!!!

Thanks alot...