PDA

View Full Version : sCoolWork - Can an app improve your grades?

FredTumac
07-27-2012, 08:56 AM
sCoolWork - Can an app improve your grades?
An awesome app called sCoolWork, using cool technology to improve your school/college grades, save you a lot of homework time, and develop your skills.
This campaign will receive all of the funds contributed by Mon Sep 03 at 11:59PM PT.
http://www.indiegogo.com/sCoolWork?a=857717

http://youtu.be/Jc7KgbGs5EE

*** YES sCoolWork is approved by teachers, is working and will improve your grades! Check out this very positive review for our beta app and just imagine what the full version could do!

*** YES there is a way to get a LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION for just $100 or even $50!!! Keep on reading below

*** YES you will make a significant social contribution by supporting this project. See bottom

Shachar
07-27-2012, 09:39 AM
FredTumac thanks for the mention.
I'm Shachar (the guy in the video), and our mission in S&K is to make life easier for students around the world, with teacher-approved tools to improve grades and save time on homework. sCoolWork is definitely worth checking out.
I'm available to any questions, so if you have anything you want to know - please do ask.

Lelocks Trent
07-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Hey Shachar. A few questions for you!

What education experience does you and your team have?
What platforms will the app work with?
Where do you see education headed in the next 5-10 years? Will we see major changes to traditional education?

Shachar
07-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Hi Trent,

Thanks for the interest in sCoolWork and us.

1. Education is deeply in our hearts and minds, past and present. Almost all of us in the team were educators once, or still are. The person in charge of pedagogic development in S&K is a very experienced teacher, specializing in developing learning methods. Furthermore, we are getting constant feedback from teachers about our work. This week, for example, I will be presenting in NYC @ #140edu conference, where I imagine I'll get a 4 digit number of very experienced eyes on sCoolWork, and I am certain most of them will have a thing or two to say :)

2. Our app is web based and compatible with all major browsers, all major operating systems for laptops and PCs. We are still not truly mobile yet, as students still tend to do their work on PCs and Laptops, but we'll be there soon (at least for tablets + some cool functionalities I cannot disclose yet which will be done via mobile phones)

3. It is a very complex question, BUT I agree completely with this presentation http://www.slideshare.net/bkuhn/learning-without-boundaries-sd43-focus-day. A must IMO for anyone thinking about what the next steps of education might/should be.

Hope I answered to you satisfaction.

Shachar

Bobby76
07-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Very cool project and one that certainly has a great cause. When if ever do you see this as an Android or iOS app?

Shachar
08-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Very cool project and one that certainly has a great cause. When if ever do you see this as an Android or iOS app?

Bobby, sorry for the late reply, I was out attending the #140edu conference in NYC. Yes, there are some exciting plans to make a complimentary mobile app with lots of cool features.
Let me ask you a question: do you see a lot of students actually sitting down doing homework on a mobile device?