PDA

View Full Version : Books about crowdfunding

kkapanova
07-27-2012, 12:37 PM
With the increased interest in crowdfunding and the JOBS Act, there are more books coming to the market on the subject. Here are some I've read and hopefully you can add the ones you will find worth sharing!

1Title: The Crowdfunding Revolution: Social Networking Meets Venture Financing.
Authors: Kevin Lawton, Dan Marom

Description: The authors introduce crowdfunding and the way it changes venture capital. It is a great research done in a field that is still in its initial stages. The writers also point what makes crowdfunding possible and what are the rules. Finally, a possible road for the crowdfunding ventures is described - with recommendations, possible pitfalls and scenarios.

2Title: The Crowdfunding Bible: How To Raise Money For Any Startup, Video Game Or Project
Authors: Scott Steinberg

Description: The book is an awesome reference tool if you are just been introduced to crowdfunding. It gives you not only what crowdfund is, some of the platforms currently available, but the author introduces you to the best practices when creating a crowdfunding project. He focuses on how-tos, the most important parts of a project and the possible pitfalls. The book focuses not only on the financial aspect of crowdfunding, but the creation of public interest in a product the crowdfunder is trying to launch and the development of strong relationships with your customers who become evangelists of the brand.

The best thing about the book is that it does not make you think that crowdfunding is an easy way to get funding. On the contrary - it paints the picture of all the hard work it needs to be done in order a project to be a success.

Have you read other books on crowdfunding that you found interesting and informative?

Bobby76
07-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks. I've been looking for books around the future of Crowdfunding. Think I will have to pick one or both of these up on Amazon!

byaliciaklein
08-06-2012, 05:22 PM
We referred to The Crowdfunding Bible as we prepared our first Kickstarter project (seen here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1036944961/quiver-pen-case-the-latest-design-from-alicia-klei)

The number one thing we found was their argument for including a video on the project. We originally were not going to but then gave it a shot. We've had nearly 900 views of the videos - letting us know that it was time well spent.

Also, our best references for getting started on crowdfunding was others who have done the project. From them, we learned a bit more about how to make our project unique, how to bring PR and social media into the mix, what to expect during the project campaign (plateau's anyone?), and how to best fill the rewards in an orderly fashion.

admin
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Interesting. I was actually just about to purchase it on Amazon. Seems like the reading paid off well for you guys :) Although I don't have any of my own projects ready to launch, I do have a deep interest in the market in general.

kkapanova
08-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks for your answer byaliciaklein, I've heard from other people, who've launched crowdfunding projects that support and advice from other crowdfunders was crucial for their personal campaigns.

And for the video - yeah, the Crowdfunding bible had some crucial points

Ivanavi
10-06-2017, 03:09 PM
DEAR! THESE DAYS we compiles TEAM recent crowdfunding campaign that intended to raise funds for proofreading, translation and publication 2 BOOKS ABOUT ,MEDIA VERY EXPOSED,REAL CRIMINAL,WAR and other shocking frequent and bloody events WHICH IS THE AUTHOR WAS AN IMPORTANT PLAYER BEFORE HE decided to radically change HIS LIFE.NAME OF THE BOOKS IS-SEE YOU IN THE OBITUARY-CRIME, AND SEE YOU IN THE OBITUARY-WAR.AUTOR about everything writted without any delay,and that fact will save some peopels lifes and to young generation dissipate the illusion that the world of crime is glamorous and alluring. These books will also give PEACE FOR SOME DEAD PEOPLE AND THEIR FAMILIES, AND ANXIETY AND UNREST TO THEIR EXECUTIONERS ... IF YOU HAVE EXPERIEN AND YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN (INDIEGOGO) SEND ME EMAIL ON ivanavi@email.com.IT WILL BE REWARDS!BEST REGARDS,Ivanavi