PDA

View Full Version : Poll: When Will Equity CrowdFunding Go Live in the US?

Bobby76
10-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Thought I would bring this up for discussion. The SEC will come up with guidelines for Equity CrowdFunding sometime in the near future. This will usher in what could be close to a Trillion dollar a year market, allowing many small companies and ideas to rate capital in order to bring their products and services to market.

What is you best guess for when Equity CrowdFunding will be totally legal in the US, and why?

admin
10-19-2012, 10:14 AM
This is a tough one. For one the SEC seems to be taking their dear old time, however there has been a lot of pressure on the to get this thing going ASAP. There are a lot they need to consider. Surely there will be scammers who take advantage of this new funding model, however they also have to understand the advantages to the US economy greatly outweigh the disadvantages. I'm goign to guess that they will set forth regulation sometime around the middle of 2013.

Bobby76
01-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Looks like recently things have been delayed even more. From the looks of things I would guess the timeline has been pushed back to perhaps the End of 2013 or Beginning of 2014. In the meantime Crowdfunding, both equity, for accredited investors, and Non equity will continue to expand rapidly in the US and World.