PDA

View Full Version : First Kickstarter for Paranormal Investigation

Luke Chalmers
08-13-2015, 11:39 PM
Hey everyone! So I put my new photography project, Paranormal Investigation of an Abandoned Asylum (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/353250429/paranormal-investigation-of-an-abandoned-asylum). on to Kickstarter - my first campaign ever - and I'm looking for ways to help promote it. I recently was on a photo-shoot in Tasmania at Port Arthur and captured something strange in one of my photographs, since then my interest into the paranormal has been piqued and I'm looking to do my first ever paranormal investigation at Aradale Asylum.

http://ak-static.scoopon.com.au/scpn/deals/main/21000/21706_1.jpg

After doing some research it looks like I need to purchase some new photography & detection equipment if im going to get the most out of this shoot. Take a quick look if you can and I'd love some feedback on how to improve my chances of success!

if you could share my project I would appreciate it very much!

Ilona Pfeffer
08-14-2015, 02:48 AM
Hey everyone! So I put my new photography project, Paranormal Investigation of an Abandoned Asylum (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/353250429/paranormal-investigation-of-an-abandoned-asylum). on to Kickstarter - my first campaign ever - and I'm looking for ways to help promote it. I recently was on a photo-shoot in Tasmania at Port Arthur and captured something strange in one of my photographs, since then my interest into the paranormal has been piqued and I'm looking to do my first ever paranormal investigation at Aradale Asylum.

http://ak-static.scoopon.com.au/scpn/deals/main/21000/21706_1.jpg

After doing some research it looks like I need to purchase some new photography & detection equipment if im going to get the most out of this shoot. Take a quick look if you can and I'd love some feedback on how to improve my chances of success!

if you could share my project I would appreciate it very much!

Hey there! Your project made me curious! I like the atmosphere of abandoned places in b/w photography and would love to see more of your works. The "paranormal" about it didnt become clear to me, though. Also the special equipment you need. I think in order to have people give you money for something you should tell them what exactly it is you want to purchase.

All the best for you,

Ilona

Edward Fleming
08-14-2015, 05:30 AM
Id have to agree, does seem abit vague. How long did this project take to put together?

Luke Chalmers
08-15-2015, 12:45 AM
Hey Guys,

First off thanks for the suggestions, I have added an FAQ listing the main gear I am aiming to purchase. What spiked my interest in the paranormal and in setting up this trip, was on a recent trip to Port Arthur in Tasmania I was snapping some photo's and captured what I can only call a ghost in one of my photo's. I usually snap three frames when shooting and there was nothing in the first or third photo but in the second it looked like there was an outline of a women in a blue dress sitting in one of the chairs.

I didn't notice I had captured the photo until much later. After showing it to a few friends we got to discussing how it would be really cool to try and capture more strange photo's like this one. So the idea of this project was born, After chatting to a few paranormal enthusiasts on some forums they suggested to use a full spectrum camera as it seems to provide the best results when trying to capture 'spirits' on film. After some more research I learned that thermal and IR (Infra Red) camera's can also capture images of "ghosts".

Some of these things are a touch pricey so my friend suggested Kickstater as a way of crowd sourcing some of the gear which brings us to now. The main goal of this trip is to try and capture a ghost on film, even if we fail in this regard, we will still be shooting an amazing location.

WikiPigskin
08-16-2015, 01:05 AM
This is an awesome idea. You could do a tour to the castles of scotland :) lots of spooky business going on there :)

maxus5000
08-16-2015, 05:56 PM
It looks like a really interesting project! I wish you to succeed

PentagramProductionsUK
08-17-2015, 07:08 PM
I agree with WikiPigSkin, Scottish castles are really spooky. Lots of material there

mehboobafridi
08-19-2015, 06:50 AM
We wish you have a successful campaign. We will help you as much as we can.