PDA

View Full Version : Funded in 4 1/2 days! Hoe do you keep up momentum?

Phillip Van Wagoner
08-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Hey all!

I've been really excited about how well my book has been received on Kickstarter. We hit our funding goal of 12,000 in less than 5 days. Since then, however, donations have slowed considerably. Do any of you crowdfunding experts have any suggestions for keeping up the momentum once the initial push is over?

On the flipside, if you have any questions for me on my campaign, especially any specific part of it, I'm happy to share anything I know.

Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/FgielS3.png
(http://couldyouhugacactus.com)

Phillip Van Wagoner
08-20-2015, 07:30 PM
besides making sure my spelling is correct in my post titles. that would probably help. smh

POCKETH20
08-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Wow congrats! We have been going 10 days and have only hit like 3%. I read about doing stretch goals to keep the momentum up. What sort of rewards are you offering atm? Is there anything else you can add to inspire people to keep funding. I no certain products added new colors, or product names etc.

Phillip Van Wagoner
08-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Hey, PocketH20, thank you! Yeah, we're offering an audio book at the 16,000 mark for everyone. I totally understand the stretch rewards, but it seems unlikely you're going to get a lot of people donating MORE money. We're just trying to get people to spread the word as much as possible and get this in front of as many people that might love it.

Thank you for taking the time to look!!

Lawrence Pennington
08-25-2015, 10:08 PM
congratulations!!! Hope all goes well for you!! Kickstarter is amazing!!!!!

rocketslug
08-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Love it. I have two kids and they would love this. Once my wife gets home I will have her take a look.

jimmykustes
08-28-2015, 06:35 PM
i would assume once you hit your goal everything after is gravy. Congrats

Michael Walton
08-29-2015, 12:47 AM
Congrats on the success so far in your book project. I hope mine goes just as good. Oh and you asked how to keep the momentum? Well I'm pretty new to kickstarter but I hope this info helps. I studied up on some stuff and noticed that all projects have it's dead spots throughout the project but later they have big spikes in the middle. The reason I seen was because the had cool updates that had new pics of the product, rewards and stretch goals. Then near the end of the project is the big finishing push to really put out the word about the project to places they might have missed and or remind people about the project and how it's about to end. Things like that so hopefully that's some help.

Goat
08-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Interesting idea. Creative. I like it :)

I would imagine the stretch goals would create incentive to continue contributing. I haven't launched my campaign yet however.

Ragnaros
08-31-2015, 06:51 AM
That's great and an inspirational story. Congratulations with the successful campaign, 5 days is pretty fast! Looking forward to read more about your book.

Phillip Van Wagoner
09-01-2015, 04:23 AM
congratulations!!! Hope all goes well for you!! Kickstarter is amazing!!!!!

Thanks, Lawrence. Sorry for the delayed response but really appreciate the kind words!

Phillip Van Wagoner
09-01-2015, 04:25 AM
Love it. I have two kids and they would love this. Once my wife gets home I will have her take a look.

Awesome! Thanks, rocket. I really appreciate that. Let me know if you decide to order and I'll bump up your reward tier so I can scribble inside of your book or something. :)

quiz.life
09-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Awesome project! My kids would love this too! It gives me chills thinking bout hugging cacti

Jeff Yeon
09-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Wow I'm very impressed. How did you get funding initially?