PDA

View Full Version : Unbiased Advice / New Kickstarter Campaign- The Shlocker

TalStephLuke
04-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Hi community,

We just launched our first ever Kickstarter campaign for the Shlocker (shower locker). We're plateauing after a nice first day full of pledges. Most of the pledges came from family and friends and our network.
Now, super nervous, we're wondering if we've missed the mark somewhere or if we're on the right track and just need to continue to promote.

If you have a couple minutes to spare, we would really appreciate some honest feedback and/or advice.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shlocker/the-shlocker-shower-locker-for-your-personal-care

Thank you!!

Daniel Blickling
04-04-2016, 04:18 PM
I can see the potential, but not sure I would personally like it. So, I think it is well designed, so it doesn't look like you have just thrown a school locker into a shower. I guess the main target is university students sharing a dorm? In which case, if 5 or 6 people share a shower, is it not too intrusive to have several of those in your shower? Just another thought, are their holes in the bottom? As its in a shower Id want water from the containers or that's managed its way in to also have a way out?

TalStephLuke
04-04-2016, 08:21 PM
I can see the potential, but not sure I would personally like it. So, I think it is well designed, so it doesn't look like you have just thrown a school locker into a shower. I guess the main target is university students sharing a dorm? In which case, if 5 or 6 people share a shower, is it not too intrusive to have several of those in your shower? Just another thought, are their holes in the bottom? As its in a shower Id want water from the containers or that's managed its way in to also have a way out?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to check it out and donate a thoughtful response!
Yes, there are holes for drainage on the bottom and air circulation o the sides.
You are correct, our main target market will be college students, and large dorms may not be the most ideal application, but rather smaller "suite style" dorms, and off-campus housing.
Really appreciate your feedback again, let us know if you have any other questions!
:)

hyperstarter
04-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Hi Tal,
I don't mind taking some time out and giving you some advice too.

Probably the first thing I noticed was that from the images I couldn't get a clear sense of the proportion of it. If you had say a picture of someone standing next to it, I think it would help.

It comes in 3 colours but not black? I was thinking it would be handy to use as a towel holder, as my towels are always dropping on the floor, perhaps hold phones too as people take them to the bathroom with them - I think it can do all of that, but best if you mention it on the campaign page too.

With it having a lock, but automatic thinking would be - can this box be stolen easily? Having a lock usually implies something valuable inside.

Also you might want to market this as being a mini safe too :)

Hope my advice helps, feel free to run your url on our checker link and get in touch if you need further help.

Regards
Giles // Hyperstarter

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to check it out and donate a thoughtful response!
Yes, there are holes for drainage on the bottom and air circulation o the sides.
You are correct, our main target market will be college students, and large dorms may not be the most ideal application, but rather smaller "suite style" dorms, and off-campus housing.
Really appreciate your feedback again, let us know if you have any other questions!
:)

DanielWilkins90
04-07-2016, 12:38 AM
This is Awesome, I wished I had this when I was in college.

Lemurlock
04-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Hey Shlocker!
As a former college athlete, we kept our shower items in our locker, so I can see where this is coming from. I have two suggestions:
1) Those in charge of cleaning may come to hate this product if there's no way to remove it without having the code. Is this the case?
2) The mirror gives it great dual functionality, but I think the sizing is a little small. I think capitalizing on this would also capture some individuals looking for an anti-fog mirror. Best of luck!

Todd Holbrook
www.lemurlock.com