PDA

View Full Version : Jessi McNeal | Debut Album

admin
08-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Jessi McNeal | Debut Album
This project will only be funded if at least $2,700 is pledged by Thursday Aug 30, 4:23pm EDT.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1199563445/jessi-mcneal-debut-album (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1199563445/jessi-mcneal-debut-album?ref=recently_launched)

http://vimeo.com/46063171

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my Kickstarter! I'm a singer-songwriter from the Seattle area and I am getting ready to record my first album. This has been a hope for many years, and Iím sort of pinching myself that this has actually been put into motion!
For the past year and a half Iíve been in a season where I've been writing a lot, and I am so grateful for the songs God has given me. Songwriting has always been a place where I go to Him to pour out my heart, and itís also proven to be a place where He speaks His truth and love back to me. The songs for this album were born from both heartache and joy, but the common thread is the steadfast love of Christ. My prayer is that these songs will be a reminder that He cares so much about us and all that we go through in life.
I am blessed that my friends Tim Muchira and David Sproul have come along side me to guide me through the process of making a record. They will both play on the album and they are also helping me with finding a studio, arranging the songs and all the other details involved. Iím learning a lot and I'm so thankful to have these great guys helping me (and a HUGE thanks to David for putting together this video, and to Tim for recording and mixing the demo you hear!).
So here is where you come inÖ We have done everything we can to come up with a modest budget that will still allow us to record a quality product, but I could use some help getting there! Every dollar raised will go into the album to cover studio time, musicians, mixing, duplication, etc. My goal is $2700, but my hope is that we will actually exceed this goal and be able to do even more with this project! But hereís the catch: the way Kickstarter works is that itís all or nothing. If I make (or exceed) my goal, we get all the funds and can make the album. If I donít meet the goal, none of your credit cards will be charged, but alas, we will have $0.
This is clearly a huge step of faith and a very humbling endeavor, but at the same time, I love how it allows my friends and family to be a part of the process. Itís such a beautiful picture of community and how we truly need one another to walk out the things God calls us toward. I believe these songs are from Him and I also believe He has a purpose for them, and I am so excited to share them. Any amount helps, and you will also receive some fun rewards based on your donation, including copies of the album, artwork and more. Check them out on the right of your screen!
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to read about this project. And I am also so grateful to all those who have helped me arrive at this place - walking alongside me through the hard things, and cheering me on in this new season. I am eager to see how God moves and I look forward to sharing this new album with you later this year!
Love and blessings,
Jessi