PDA

View Full Version : TroopTalk - Helping our deployed Troops reach their families.

TroopTalkMikail
08-04-2012, 02:22 AM
So first off, hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

http://www.indiegogo.com/trooptalk is where you may find the current fundraiser that just went up!

Little background on the project:

We tried to submit to Kickstarter, but they denied us on the grounds of politics. I appealed and they gave us a canned message and then blocked out our account and wouldn't even let us access the original submission data! Oh bummer. However, a friend pointing me to IndieGoGo explained it was not just Indie games and such, which I was honestly under the impression. So after a few minutes I realized I had found out crowd funding platform.

Project TroopTalk has been in development for about a year or so, the initial concept anyway, some parts were even being designed while stationed in Afghanistan. The goal is simple, fill the gap of family readiness that simply is taking a back seat to politics and the war. That is none of our interest, there are guys paid tons of money to worry about that. What we DO worry about however is the welfare of the US Troops who are deployed and the side effects of long term separation from family and friends, and how silly it is, in 2012 to not have a system in place to support them directly. Well, I took my programming knowledge, learning as go and started this project.

While this may seem like a Social Networking site, I can assure you - it is not. It is being designed from the ground up to utilize strict methods of streamlining the broadcasting capabilities that are not in focus for the wary-away areas that our US Service men and women are asked to go. We hope to, in the future expand out and join up with telecom services and bulldoze our way into a network of services unique and functional to our armed forces heroes.

If you take the time to look at our project and what the potential is and what it means for us, you have my grattitude because even if no one donates, I want to help spread the word about a missing service the US Military is not providing our troops, at least not in a functional way.

Little Background on me:
My name is Mikail Miller - I am a Veteran of the United States Army, married to an active duty Soldier. (she says hello!) I have been into programming and web design/development for several years now, with a strong focus in the last 3. I designed tools and services for the U.S. Army while deployed in the Afghanistan region and assisted in Air Defense programs creation and execution in the battlefield. (Air Defense protects civilian areas as well as military assets.) Due to a medical condition sustained during service I left the service in 2011 and now I am trying to do what I can where I can.

Sidenote: US Service suicide rates are very high this year. Nearly 1 per day, now is the time for us to focus on the realities of their hardships and try to bring to them a small token of service and grattitude they can appreciate and value. They need this, and we won't stop trying to bring it to them.

Thank you very much for you time, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here, our fundraiser site, or hit us up on Twitter.

Fundraiser Campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/trooptalk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/trooptalk