PDA

View Full Version : Affiliate Programs

crowdismo
02-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Hi,

We are looking to implement an affiliate program on our crowdfunding site. Basically, affiliate users will register with us and be given a unique code that they can publish on their sites or or add to links that point to our site or projects. when backers make pledges the affiliate will get credit for the pledge and make a percentage of our cut of the pledge.

Do you know of any other sites that are doing this?
What do you think is a reasonable percentage for an affiliate to make off of a pledge?
Do you think project creators would be willing to pay a slightly larger percentage on pledges that came from affiliates?

Thanks.

Salvador Briggman
02-19-2013, 12:30 AM
No, I haven't heard of any other sites that are doing this, although I'd be interested in such an opportunity as I promote a lot of crowdfunded products on my blog (www.crowdcrux.com)

I would say 5-10% depending on the type of product. Yes I think they would be willing to. Shoot me a link on the blog when you launch.

crowdismo
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
It turns out that indigogo has some type of affiliate type program although I haven't been able to find the right info page on it. I believe some other white label platforms are adding affiliate programs as well.

ShmoozBiz.com
03-06-2013, 11:08 AM
I would be very careful of any kind of affiliate program in which you pay for a donation . This would be like paying a stock broker which will infringe on the current SEC rules & regulations. You may want to consider offering credits toward your project to be applied towards your different reward levels. Indiegogo provides this service only for nonprofits, which are not considered broker, dealers.