PDA

View Full Version : Crowdfunding. A platform for Naive Investing

TonyMBA
02-22-2013, 01:22 PM
“Crowdfunding unleashes the arbitrariness of the market on unsuspecting investors. Does the materialisation of innovative ideas and concepts override the welfare of unsuspecting, idealistic investors? Individuals, blinded by the intriguing nature of entrepreneurial concepts, are led to ignore the fundamental principal of investing – never invest in a business you cannot understand.”

The above is the opening few lines from a critique I have written. I would appreciate any views or opinions

admin
02-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey Tony, I was actually reading your article earlier. Although I agree there are some danger in the Crowd funding niche, there are dangers in all investment vehicles. I actually just wrote an article this morning as well: http://crowdfundingforum.com/showthread.php/2693-Attention-SEC-Equity-Crowdfunding-Pales-in-Comparison-to-Penny-Stock-Fraud

I believe that no individual will be able to invest more then a few thousand dollars per year in equity crowdfunding, unless they are accredited, according to the rules that were included in the JOBS act. So even if there are risks involved, the every day guy or gal will only risk, at most a small portion of their yearly take home. I feel the awards far outweigh the risks.

MikeA
02-22-2013, 02:10 PM
“Crowdfunding unleashes the arbitrariness of the market on unsuspecting investors. Does the materialisation of innovative ideas and concepts override the welfare of unsuspecting, idealistic investors? Individuals, blinded by the intriguing nature of entrepreneurial concepts, are led to ignore the fundamental principal of investing – never invest in a business you cannot understand.”

The above is the opening few lines from a critique I have written. I would appreciate any views or opinions

hmmm...Sounds interesting and you have a good point , but I wanna hear more of this critique. Where are you posting this critique? or is this for School?

tjeffries
02-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Is crowd funding somehow different from the rest of the investment market? That does not seem to me to be true.