PDA

View Full Version : Caption8 - A fun game for playing with your friends using photos

Andrew Christensen
08-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Hello! I'm Andrew Christensen and I've just started a new Kickstarter project (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508491096/caption8) for my new game. I'd love your feedback and greatly appreciate anyone that chooses to support my project.

Play Caption8 with your friends!
Create clever, witty or touching captions on your photos or on photos available in the application library and earn tokens for use in the game.

How to Play
You first choose a photo you want to send to your friends. It can be a funny picture, an inspiration picture or a picture that could be just about anything. If you don't have a photo, you can use your smartphone's camera to take one, or choose from a library of available photos in many categories.

Once you have the photo you want to use, you choose 3 or 4 friends to send the photo to for captioning. Your friends will receive a simple email notification that they have a game waiting.

Each friend will open the photo and be given several options to caption the photo. Available options by default are to add black frame around it with a motivational poster style caption (doesn't have to be a motivation caption, just that style - see despair.com for some examples and great laughs) or add a speech bubble to the photo with some text using some available fonts and colors.

When each friend is done, they will submit it back to you for judging. Once your friends have responded, you can review the responses and pick the best one. But you won't know who sent them back to you. All your friends also get the same set of photos. They also pick the one they want to be the winner (excluding their own).

When you pick the winner, the winner gets 3 or 4 points (depending on the number of friends you sent to originally) plus however many votes they received from the other friends. You also get the same number of tokens just for starting the game.

To find out more, check out my project on Kickstarter here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508491096/caption8

Thank you!

admin
08-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Andrew, I love this idea for an app. If you don't raise the amount you are looking for, I may be willing to invest some money for a stake in the application if you have any interest at all. PM me here if you wish to discuss things further. Goodluck!

Andrew Christensen
09-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks admin! I'm looking forward to this game coming out. I should have some demo material ready this week that I can hopefully post for everyone to see.