PDA

View Full Version : VerticalLinks - Worth Financing?

Skystar
08-15-2012, 05:54 PM
As we all know, this crazy thing called the Internet is darned near unmanageable. There's so much information it's like trying to drink from a fire hose!

I patented a technique that organizes web sites scattered all over the Internet into industry-specific trading networks.

The patent name:

Vertically Integrated, Industry-Specific Reciprocal Links Directory Networks, or Vertical Links for short.

The purpose of Vertical Links is to consolidate industry web sites into unique directories called ‘vortals’, (vertical portals). These are different from vertical directories, as each member site displays a link to their industry-specific vortal. A person looking for a specific product or service needs only to access one member site in order to enter the universe for that industry.

Every company and every website is unique in its own way, with specialized products, management, expertise, location, etc. Site visitors aren’t going to do business with a site that doesn’t meet their needs, so a catgorized vortal allows prospects to connect with more qualified sites, and sites to connect with more qualified prospects.

Question: Is this technique worth financing and developing?

M. Banks
mbanks [at] sky44.com

admin
08-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Interesting concept. In the word of Google, I'm not certain if it's something that would be needed, however if done right, I'm sure people would use it. I would say it's worth coming up with some ideas and at least posting it on Indiegogo.com. Kickstarter won't allow website start ups to post projects for some reason, so Indiegogo would be best unless you intend to give away equity.

sharkinvestor
08-16-2012, 01:58 AM
I couldn't quite follow how is this different than a regular link directory?