PDA

View Full Version : Mother of 4 Year Old Twins having life stolen by rare disease

admin
07-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Mother of 4 Year Old Twins having life stolen by rare disease
This campaign will receive all of the funds contributed by Sat Sep 08 at 11:59PM PT.

http://youtu.be/7Kte9ri66qE

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/151463?a=857717

24 years ago my life changed the instant I met a girl named Sandy. After 23 years of marriage to this remarkable woman, my love grows stronger everyday. I still remember saying to myself when I met her that she was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. She is and always has been the woman of my dreams. She is a wonderful wife and loving mother to our 5 children ages 21, 19, 18 and twin 4 year olds. We have always relied on each other for everything, we have been each others rock in hard times and each others best friend during all other times. We have always given 100% to each other, our marriage and our kids.

We were very young when we got married. The odds and statistics were against us. But, one thing odds and statistics don't take into consideration is dedication and most importantly LOVE. The love we share can not be put in words or explained in a book or bought on a hallmark card. It is a love that is just a part of you like a heart or a lung and every time you see or talk to each other you feel it in your sole. We have never encountered anything we couldn't conquer or accomplish together from the loss of a loved one or the struggle we encountered trying to have our twin boys. That all changed in November of 2010.

November 2010 our lives changed forever when Sandy was diagnosed with a very rare disease called Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO). NMO is an incurable autoimmune disorder which affects the spinal cord and optic nerve, most often leading to blindness, paralysis and multiple other traumatic symptoms eventually leading to death. Although many of the symptoms resemble a severe case of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), NMO has been defined as a different and rare disease which according to a recent report affects 4,000 patients in the U.S. As a rare disease, there is not funding or financial support for the out of pocket medical expenses. Our out of pocket expenses right now are about $4,200 per month.

Since My wife (Sandy) has always been a stay at home mom she is not eligible for any social security benefits or any other help unless we pay for it out of our pocket. She has been confined to a bed for the last 16 months and unable to be what she loves the most, a mother to her kids. When our big kids were little she was able to do everything a stay at home mom does but now our twin 4 year old boys have to go to daycare and are missing the love and nurturing that my wife longs to give them. The pain and side effects of the disease have taken everything from her. she can no longer take care of herself or the family she loves.

The financial and emotional toll this disease has taken on our family is unimaginable. I married my wife for better or worse sickness or health. I take my vows very serious and would have it no other way. But we need help! We have lost almost everything to this disease. We are on the brink of financial disaster with no way out. That is why I have turned to this website. Any dollar you can spare would be used to cover the monthly prescription cost and hospital expense. We travel 500 miles roundtrip to see our doctors or go to the hospital. The total expense this disease has cost our family is something you can never imagine or plan for. Any donation will help. I can truly say I know what it means to have your heart cry.

If you can't donate please just say a prayer for my wife and our family.
If you are not comfortable with online donations, I listed a special fund account below that was set up for my wifes care.

SANDY JONSON MEDICAL FUND
US BANK
Thank You again!!