PDA

View Full Version : Will You Be Investing Cash into CrowdFunded Projects Once Live?

Fundordie
07-18-2012, 08:40 AM
So, as many of you know, this coming January the SEC in the United States will be rolling out their regulations for Equity Crowdfunding. The question is, will you be participating. Please vote, and then reply with why or why not!

SocialCam
07-19-2012, 09:38 AM
I think it's a great way for the bottom "99%" to be able to get in on the various start ups out there from the very ground floor. I will certainly be investing!

admin
07-21-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm extremely excited about the prospects that Equity CrowdFunding will bring us. I certainly will be investing probably within weeks of the SEC allowing it.

sharkinvestor
07-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Definitely yes. Of course, depending on the projects. I think once this becomes available in the USA, crowdfunding will explode worldwide.

smartinvestor
07-22-2012, 04:14 PM
The concept is an exciting one that I feel sure will attract a lot of interest, and because of the relatively low amounts needed to invest will get people investing who don't want to get involved in the full Stock Market.

SocialCam
07-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Good point. Although you can invest even small sums in the stock market with CrowdFunding, you will be able to purchase a very large percentage of companies for smaller amounts of cash. The most any company can raise is $1 million, however I am hearing rumors that the SEC will eventually raise that to $5 million after an initial trial at $1 million.

Lelocks Trent
08-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Certainly will be. I'm pretty darn excited. Right now I invest into a lot of penny stocks, this will be a great alternative.

admin
10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Seems like the majority here are here to invest rather then give. Sometime next years I hope the SEC gets the appropriate guidelines in place for Equity funding to become legal.

Skystar
10-14-2012, 07:48 AM
My interest is to provide equity crowdfunding services to companies looking at this capital funding source. Here's my take:

a) Even tho mandated, SEC regs won't be in place in Jan.
b) Some smart guy will come along, screw everybody, spook investors and prompt refinements.
c) Equity crowdfunding will eventually influence changes to standard techniques.

Michael