PDA

View Full Version : The Nifty MiniDrive

admin
07-14-2012, 11:29 AM
The Nifty MiniDrive
THIS PROJECT WILL BE FUNDED ON THURSDAY AUG 2, 6:38PM EDT.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1342319572/the-nifty-minidrive

http://youtu.be/JoCTkRcZWTY

The MiniDrive & MicroSD Card
This gives you the extra space for the things that are most important to you - holiday snaps, music, movies and any documents you may need with you, wherever you go.
THE MINIDRIVE AS A BACK-UP SOLUTION
One of the cool things about Micro SD cards is that they are practically indestructible - in fact a major manufactuer of them claims their cards can survive under the sea for over 24 hours, withstand 1.6 tons of force, and are impervious to magnets and X-rays.
Therefore, when combined with the Nifty MiniDrive, this makes them perfectly suited as a primary back-up disk.
As the Minidrives are designed to stay in your computer without getting in the way, a daily back-up of your critical files may be set up and then happen automatically without having to remember to plug anything in.
Then if you happen to spill coffee on your computer or drop it down the stairs, or some other disaster strikes you will not be forced to re-do days, weeks or even months worth of work, or even worse lose memories in the form of photos, or videos that may be irreplaceable.
TECH SPECS - Micro SD cards
All MacBook Air and Pro computers from the mid 2010 refresh onwards have a Secure Digital Extended Copacity, or SD XC card reader in their SD card slot.
This format can support a Micro SD card of up to 2TB - roughly 2000GB in size. The largest capacity Micro SD card available to put in a MiniDrive today is 64GB which would already increase by 50% the capacity of an entry level 13" MacBook air.
Of course we are excited to see what the memory manufacturers will be doing in this highly active market in the near future.

SocialCam
07-14-2012, 12:32 PM
I gave them some cash. Been looking for something like this to hit the market. I hope the team here can make it happen!

Bobby76
07-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Great idea for a backup system. SD cards are basically indestructible, therefore this product should be able to take the elements well.

T.J. Welch
06-01-2015, 05:46 AM
just posting here to get my 3 posts required to do anything... i don't understand why they require this.. looks like a pretty neat idea though

T.J. Welch
06-01-2015, 05:47 AM
just posting here to get my 3 posts required to do anything... i don't understand why they require this.. looks like a pretty neat idea though

T.J. Welch
06-01-2015, 05:49 AM
just posting here to get my 3 posts required to do anything... i don't understand why they require this.. looks like a pretty neat idea though. thanks

JayQuint87
06-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Like the drive, but maybe a bit more descriptive in the video. Like why I would want this product versus another