PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter Project Denial

Doozy Inc
05-06-2013, 05:09 AM
I wish that kickstarter will let us know why the project has been denied! I have a Product Design item, and submitted twice to kickstarter. Right now I am currently running live on indiegogo. http://igg.me/at/doozy-inc/x/3077923 I have another project to submit to kickstarter. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Ross Tunney
05-06-2013, 11:38 AM
The only thing I can suggest is that you run through the guidelines. It does seems odd that they flat out refused, with no reason. I've always had someone message me with bits that need changing to meet the requirements.

Shazam01
05-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Don't take it personally when they deny your project. Believe it or not it's for your own good. I listed my project for the first time and they denied it. It wasn't until they Denied it that I realized how lame it was. If I had ran with what I put up then Backers would not have wanted to back me. I just didn't have enough information about the product. Sometimes it may just be that. But they gave me a list of reasons why it was denied. Look at other projects and see what they have and do and mimic it in a sense. Make it so detailed that if a potential backer looks at it they can say "yeah this is enough information for me to see where this is going and i want in" hope this helps.

My project can be seen here incase you want to see what i'm talking about.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thefrayfix/687821353/edit?ref=email

TuskBuffer
05-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Mine was rejected a couple times, saying that the project did not meet the guidelines. I ended up appealing it before they finally told me what to change to get it to fly. In my appeal, I referenced a similar project that was successfully funded less than a year ago. I don't know if referencing the other project did the trick or if the reviewer was in a particularly good mood that day, but all I needed to do was make a change to my rewards.

My project is similar to the other one in that we both make guitar picks (very different materials and processes), raising funds for specific purposes.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/135424196/tuskbuffer-mammoth-ivory-guitar-picks

I think you've got a great idea, but Kickstarter seems to be a stickler for specifics. They want you to spell out specifically what the money will be used for, rather than "funding your business" with pre-orders. It seems that you have everything in place, with material, molds, designs, etc. I think you need to answer the question, what will you do with the money? Buy more material? Expand the operation? They don't want their platform to be used simply as e-commerce, and that is why your project/purpose needs to be clearly defined.

I don't represent Kickstarter, so I can't say this is absolutely the reason--just speaking from my experience. Best of luck!

Doozy Inc
05-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions! Yes, I am trying to get kickstarter over indiegogo. Overall I think the audience platform is a lot better. Here is my project on kickstarter that got denied. I thought I covered all aspects... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doozyinc/1298844249?token=ddb74cc1 However as TuskBuffer mentioned, maybe my "money will be used" is not specific enough. I am actually a workshop for kickstarter on Saturday in San Francisco. I will share any tooling when I receive them. Again, Thank you for all your feedbacks!

Kurtis Sasso
05-14-2013, 11:47 PM
I previously had a Kickstarter Project denied for a Comic Cookbook titled "Webcomics: What's Cooking? Feeding Families: City by City" in the description I put that the proceeds of the book were going towards National Food Banks in Canada and the US. Kickstarter thought that the funds raised by them where actually going to be donated. I had to state, using their own terminology, that we were using KS for printing the book. Because of this original miscommunication, it delayed the campaign by a month, and that caused the window of opportunity we had to close. We did end up getting printed in the end though it was way more expensive than it had to be.

Moral of the story, email them, stay on them until they actually give you a clear cut answer and not the usual. "Well you don't meet our guidelines."

kangas
05-17-2013, 04:43 AM
Mine was denied the first time but they specified a reason--I made a minor change and also presented my point of view, and they approved it.

Michael Ayer
05-17-2013, 04:36 PM
I had to respond a couple times to reviews they had. It helped me clarify what I was going for too. I also had to take out a clause about paying it forward to charity.

Doozy Inc
05-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Hi everyone! I attended the kickstarter project jam yesterday. YEs people.... you got becareful with your projects! They will read everything and have to abide to their guidelines! Let me know if you guys have questions! In the meantime... check out my product on Indiegogo http://igg.me/at/doozy-inc