PDA

View Full Version : (IndieGoGo) The Heart Of War [Transmedia Film and Music Project]

Dominic Michael Luciano
05-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Link: http://igg.me/at/thow/x/3131665

Hey I'm, Dominic. I do photography, videography, graphic design, and music production, all of which I've done for nearly a decade, including going to college.

I also have a rare genetic disease called Neurofibromatosis Type 2, which I've had three brain, a spinal surgery, and 24 months of chemo for already, and I'm getting my weight back up to do chemo again soon.

But that's not my selling point. In fact I really don't like using my disease as a selling point, but I needed to let you guys know as a preface, part of which is to illustrate how bad the mild end of it can be.

Basically, I got really lucky with my disease. I'm still completely functional and relatively normal (thank God!). But most of the people I've met with it are far from normal, and it's bothered me every day of my life.

I REALLY want to make it in the music and film and photography business so I can be a spokesperson for NF and cancer, as well as someone who can encourage these folks that weren't so fortunate, with any disease really, that being sick isn't a ball and chain that should rob you of having a full life, doing what you love. That's the honest truth, no bull. I've always wanted to do that. I'll even donate my whole salary to do that.

So I've been working on wrapping up my debut EP (I'm an award winning pianist, but I do Pop and EDM music), and I'd also like to do a full length film, but that where I lack the funding.

I've done shorter film projects in the past, the biggest one being a couple months ago (it's in post right now). And it's always been a dream of mine to shoot a feature film, so I figure now is as good as ever!

We need $16k. The costs are outlined on the project page.

Please and thank you all! Making this happen would really, really, really mean so much to me, and I only hope it will inspire someone :)

Thank a billion!