PDA

View Full Version : More IGG Malfunctions: Page views frozen 5 days. Another gogofactor Element Impaired

Wordsmith & Wesson
05-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Hello all.

Here's an updated blog on the ongoing technical malfunctions on IGG. It started when I was told by IGG that they can't confirm it's an issue because no other campaign owners (just contributors) have complained, then they said that if there was a malfunction, it was just the count on the plugins affected, not the gogofactor or my rankings. I asked for them to prove it by giving me the real count of my social media shares.

Six days and two requests later, they tell me that they continue to monitor the issue (now it's an issue?) but they can't tell me how, or if, it will be fixed, or what that will mean for my rankings and campaign, but they're sorry! (That's something. If I can't publish my book after all time and energy I don't have was poured into this campaign, at least I know they're sorry).

In regards to my social media counts, they tell me that I need to check Twitter because THEY are the only ones with that info, not IGG. They can't tell me how many tweets I have? Seriously?

Anyone else think it's odd they can claim that my gogofactor/rankings aren't affected by the fact social media shares on ALL campaigns aren't properly functioning/recorded, but they can't actually look at the gogofactor to know that? So, how can they tell me that?

I did check for myself, and while my page said I had 100 tweets, I only found 18. In the time it took me to check, two more popped up, but the count stayed at 100.

Next, I checked for the fifth day in a row to see that my page views on my dashboard haven't budged. My referral counts are up by 66, there have been contributors, visitors via my blog posts, my own visits to the page which are now included (unique is no longer separated from the total views). So, if this number isn't being updated, does that mean my page views aren't being updated for gogofactor? So I'm handicapped on both page views and social shares?

And they're not going to do anything about it?

Here's the post: http://www.couldawouldashouldabook.com/indiegogo-cant-access-its-own-data-new-malfunctions-found/

Everyone, campaign owner or not, please visit some Indiegogo campaigns (like mine (http://igg.me/at/couldawouldashouldanovel)) and test out these errors. If you can, please screenshot the page before, during, and after you use a button. Then also get tweets of the share in it's homefeed. The errors are different for all. Some can use FB, some can't use Twitter. Unless multiple people prove they know about this, and how it can affect all campaigns (owners and contributors who have put money toward them), they will not fix it. They think we're dumb. They're banking on it.

Thanks everyone.

Good luck,

Tara

MikeA
05-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Hello all.

Here's an updated blog on the ongoing technical malfunctions on IGG. It started when I was told by IGG that they can't confirm it's an issue because no other campaign owners (just contributors) have complained, then they said that if there was a malfunction, it was just the count on the plugins affected, not the gogofactor or my rankings. I asked for them to prove it by giving me the real count of my social media shares.

Six days and two requests later, they tell me that they continue to monitor the issue (now it's an issue?) but they can't tell me how, or if, it will be fixed, or what that will mean for my rankings and campaign, but they're sorry! (That's something. If I can't publish my book after all time and energy I don't have was poured into this campaign, at least I know they're sorry).

In regards to my social media counts, they tell me that I need to check Twitter because THEY are the only ones with that info, not IGG. They can't tell me how many tweets I have? Seriously?

Anyone else think it's odd they can claim that my gogofactor/rankings aren't affected by the fact social media shares on ALL campaigns aren't properly functioning/recorded, but they can't actually look at the gogofactor to know that? So, how can they tell me that?

I did check for myself, and while my page said I had 100 tweets, I only found 18. In the time it took me to check, two more popped up, but the count stayed at 100.

Next, I checked for the fifth day in a row to see that my page views on my dashboard haven't budged. My referral counts are up by 66, there have been contributors, visitors via my blog posts, my own visits to the page which are now included (unique is no longer separated from the total views). So, if this number isn't being updated, does that mean my page views aren't being updated for gogofactor? So I'm handicapped on both page views and social shares?

And they're not going to do anything about it?

Here's the post: http://www.couldawouldashouldabook.com/indiegogo-cant-access-its-own-data-new-malfunctions-found/

Everyone, campaign owner or not, please visit some Indiegogo campaigns (like mine (http://igg.me/at/couldawouldashouldanovel)) and test out these errors. If you can, please screenshot the page before, during, and after you use a button. Then also get tweets of the share in it's homefeed. The errors are different for all. Some can use FB, some can't use Twitter. Unless multiple people prove they know about this, and how it can affect all campaigns (owners and contributors who have put money toward them), they will not fix it. They think we're dumb. They're banking on it.

Thanks everyone.

Good luck,

Tara

lol. Are you the Official Indiegogo News Reporter?

Why have a campaign on a site that has so many problems? Why complain about every glitch?