PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles of Syntax

admin
07-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Chronicles of Syntax
This campaign will only receive funds if at least $48,000 is raised by Thu Aug 30 at 11:59PM PT.
http://www.indiegogo.com/ChroniclesofSyntax?a=857717

http://youtu.be/rtyCntsv3KM

This is a universal multi-platform sci-fi/fantasy series, with a 12 episode season going into production this September.

Hi, my name is Susan E. Clarke. Three years ago I wrote a pilot in my university dorm room and had it professionally read. These days I am the fully-fledged creator and show runner of Chronicles of Syntax, a MMO inspired Sci-fi/Fantasy series with a flavour of Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Final Fantasy. Having grown up in a time where there’s been a lot of focus on “the chosen one”, I’ve always been very interested in the idea of destiny and what happens when many characters are thrown into a situation they cannot control. I really enjoy the feel of companionship that comes when the weight of the world brings people together and the humour, devastation and hope that can follow once you’ve been defined as a ‘Hero’.

Season one of Chronicles of Syntax is set in present day and revolves around Sian (later referred to as Syntax) and a secret government facility called the Fallen Angel Network. It is Sian’s job to beat down the bad guys and find the rest of her team, which sounds easy but these guys don’t remember ever being chosen, and there’s someone else trying to get to them first. Only when she gathers all the members of her team can she access memories sent back through time, information that could stop the oncoming apocalypse.Each episode features a new character which they must find, gaining more members with unique skills along the way, as well as an ever-clearer picture of their combined destiny. The 12 episode series is a countdown to the end of the world and the team must unite to have any hope of avoiding it.
Chronicles of Syntax is a 12 x 30’ or 6 x 60’ sci-fi/fantasy drama with a story arc that covers 5 series (or 10 UK series of 6 x episode runs) and season one goes into production in September 2012. It is a self-contained story but it is also the origins of a larger character journey.

Lelocks Trent
07-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Interesting, just don't know how strong the market for such a series is. They have raised a substantial sum thus far. I donated a little as well :)