PDA

View Full Version : Equity Crowdfunding Investors are Herd Like



SocialCam
07-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Interesting article from Techcrunch about a recent study Seedrs.com has done about the equity crowdfunding projects that are listed on their site. They found that the more backers a project gets, the more likely other are keen to invest in it. If a project gets 35% funded, they always go on to get the remaining 65%. this shows that if people looking for funding have a strong social following, where they can get their family's and friends to back their project from the get go, it will likely attract dozens of other investors. investors look for projects which others feel will succeed apparently, which makes plenty of sense.

Full article:
http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/01/please-fund-me/

smartinvestor
07-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Logical I guess. Once an investor sees that others have confidence in a campaign they want to share in that success.

Scorp Lake
07-01-2013, 08:04 PM
If a project gets 35% funded, they always go on to get the remaining 65%. this shows that if people looking for funding have a strong social following, where they can get their family's and friends to back their project from the get go...

I was thinking about this today. Makes sense on an intuitive level. Once you start getting traction you'll be noticed by the KS and IGG algorithms as well. Thanks for posting.

alpha
08-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Yes i agree with scorp lake view that makes sense on an intuitive level.Once you start getting traction you'll be noticed by the KS and IGG algorithms as well. Thanks for posting.