PDA

View Full Version : "Strikes Toy Soldiers" - game about the soldiers, with an aura of childhood

??????? ??????
08-23-2012, 06:53 PM
-The new 3D strategy game project on the site Indiegogo. Very simple, but the original gameplay. This is something like mix of turn-based strategy and RTS, plus elements of shooter.

About the name of the game – “Strikes Toy Soldiers” – is an unwritten rule that the name of each game should be memorable. I chose this from dozens of names. “Strikes Toy Soldiers” is a wordplay who reflects the essence of the game and at the same time it is well remembered. In the gaming industry there are many examples of these “strange” names – open any website with flash games and you’ll see them.
I did a video presentation in the form of television program, which develops the idea from the beginning to the end and while it is not long, approximately 12 minutes. There are also more than a shortened version where only the trailer and gameplay. Link here: https://vimeo.com/47752982

About project: “Strikes Toy Soldiers”, is to be fully three-dimensional strategic game with multiple modes, including multiplayer online. Players will be able to put soldiers themselves, or to choose the ready position; the оbjects will be thrown by a virtual hand or by means of a toy catapult and cannons. The game can be played both against the computer in single player mode, and with friends in multiplayer. Several armies at once can also be engaged.
I’m not going to disclose all the details of the game now; let many secrets remain before the final release. I can only state that during the game it would be possible to evolve both toy soldiers and military equipment. Of course, the game will be the armies of the different historical periods. There will also be a single mode with its own special story about the boys of our times.
- Of course, I would like to have all the story scenes (for the single mode) filmed live, with young actors. It’s also desirable that to in the game was the editor of the soldiers, who will allow the player to create unique warriors for his army. But this can only happen if the amount of money for this project on IndieGoGo will be exceeded.
The game “Strikes Toy Soldiers” is to be made on the engine “Unity-3D”, which supports most of modern devices and operating systems. Namely, the game will run under operating systems Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, OS

Android, Apple iOS, as well as on game consoles, Wii, PlayStation 3 and XBox 360. In the near future possibly game may support other operating systems and platforms.

Well, here is link of project on IndieGoGo:
http://www.indiegogo.com/p/200730?a=1004985
Anyone, who liked as the the project could have supported him financially. The project offers a type which is the “prizes” for those who throw a lot of money.
Well, Tell someone you know about this. Thanks in advance!

That’s the link of the video trailer of the project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAFRCbZLlEk&feature=plcp

In this forum, I would be interested to discuss this project, know the views of the community. :)

??????? ??????
08-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Here is the full video presentation of this game project "Strikes Toy Soldiers", where I filmed myself :)
https://vimeo.com/47752982

jojomataketa
08-27-2012, 05:09 AM
What is your username for this forum?...Just ' ??????? ??????'
I had a look at the video and was fascinated with the presentation. Well done!
I am sure many people (and kids) would be very much interested in the project.
Give us some more information re your money needs for the project. Good luck.

??????? ??????
08-27-2012, 03:29 PM
I enter to the forum through Facebook. My name is written in russian language, so in this forum my name is not visible.:o
My name is Dmitry Ghervas. Visit me on Facebook, if you will. :rolleyes:
http://www.facebook.com/ghervas.dt

??????? ??????
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Well, I need the sum of 43,000 dollars to create this game. for about half the year.

sharkinvestor
08-27-2012, 04:08 PM
I guess we can change your username to something readable if you wish. Not 100% sure if that won't trouble the FB login though.

43k seems a bit low for creating 3D game in so many versions. Are you doing it alone?

??????? ??????
08-27-2012, 04:47 PM
OK, change my username for good readable!!! :o

??????? ??????
08-27-2012, 04:57 PM
About your question:
I invent games and bring them to life. But I do not have my studio yet. I'm going to create a game studio, and the first game project would be "Strikes Toy Soldiers". It was for that game I want to collect the money on IndieGoGo.
Well, for a new game studio I need a few people (employees) who have helped me create a game "Strikes Toy Soldiers" within half a year and to complete it, from the alpha version to the finished game.
- In the Republic of Moldova does not need millions of dollars to create a qualitative game. It is enough for me 43 000 dollars. -This is enough for me, because I counted all the details.
With this amount I'll be able to open a new studio, to buy the necessary hardware and software, pay the rent, make a team of developers who have helped me and I can then start to fully work on a first project - "Strikes Toy Soldiers". :cool:

??????? ??????
08-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Of course, there is in my plans are different games, 2D and 3D, from the simple to the very complex, whether it is a logical game or RPG. But I decided to start with a simple game, which I once came up in my childhood.
I am also aware of the fact that it is important for a new studio to do something quickly and sell and then make complex projects. I remember that even John Karmak talking about this. :rolleyes:

??????? ??????
08-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Well, unfortunately make yourself the game it's too long and tedious.