PDA

View Full Version : Crowdfunding Success Drivers Research - Find out how to refine your campaign

KieronDay
08-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Kieron and I am a final year student at Newcastle Business School. I am researching the various drivers behind what influences 'the crowd' to support a crowdfunding project for my Undergraduate Dissertation. E.g. Visual Appeal, Textual Appeal, Pledge Levels etc.

Whilst my research will potentially not be as in-depth as an MBA Thesis (I have seen at least one on this forum), I still hope to gain some really powerful insights into how to refine a campaign to increase it's chances of successful backing. Which of course, I would be happy to share with anyone who participates in my questionaire.

The questionnaire itself will only take about 5 minutes and is 100% online, with all check boxes (So no energy spent) and I've included a link to a video tutorial to crowdfunding because the questionaire is designed for everyone, as everyone makes up the crowd (although I doubt you guys will ne:confused:ed the video!)

I would be extremely grateful if you would take the time to fill it out and it would make my life much easier. (My facebook friends are starting to become annoyed with me for my excessive posts asking people to participate!)

Here is the link to the questionnaire (Google Form), thanks in advance guys!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XzJhaVPNXgX7UaOnsgJnrPx4PRIqmA4syNV_Mye6c9A/viewform

I look forward to checking out this forum in detail after I hand this in and can't wait to launch my own crowdfunding project... watch this space!

MatthewJHanson
08-22-2013, 09:07 AM
A survey can be helpful, but I think you could get even more information by taking a look at various crowdfunding projects that succeeded or failed, and try to look for trends among them.

smartinvestor
08-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Kieron, I watched the short video (which was clearly done), and completed your questionnaire. :)

KieronDay
08-22-2013, 10:14 AM
@MatthewJHanson Thanks for your feedback. Completely agree with you, a more holistic review of crowdfunding would certainly provide much more rich data and outcomes, however as mentioned this is only for Undergraduate level and I have to bear that in mind especially with my limited time scale, due to running a business alongside my studies!

@smartinvestor Thank you so much! I really appreciate your time!