PDA

View Full Version : Equity Crowdfunding Exchange / Second Market?

SocialCam
09-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Will an exchange or second market for equity crowdfunding shares be permitted to emerge in the US or will SEC regulations not allow for this? I would love to hear opinions. In my opinion any second market for shares would be a huge benefit for investors, and would likely give equity crowdfunding a major boost, possibly sending it into the mainstream overnight.

admin
09-10-2013, 07:03 PM
In my opinion, there is no doubt that we will eventually see some sort of stock exchange or second market for the shares sold via equity crowdfunding. When we do, I also agree it will bring equity crowdfunding more into the open, and mainstream. When people invest into these companies they will want a way to liquidate their investments in a way other than a company going public via a major stock exchange, or an acquisition. Will I still invest into an amazing company if there wasn't a second market to sell my shares on? Yes, however I would be much more interested knowing I could turn around and sell those shares within weeks if for some reason i feel the company is not going in the direction I had hoped.

The SEC will hopefully realize the important of allowing second markets for these shares as it's a means to protect shareholders/investors.

SocialCam
10-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback. It will certainly make investing in equity funding projects a heck of a lot more interesting, fun, and lucrative if a reliable exchange or second market emerges. Who wants to wait for a company to buy back shares, got public via a major stock exchange, issue a dividend or be bought out in order to realize gains?