PDA

View Full Version : Best Guess for when Equity CrowdFunding Goes live in the US?

admin
08-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Equity crowdfunding is legal in the UK and Australia, and has been quite a success. The SEC is set to change the regulations allowing for non accredited investors to crowdfund projects for equity stakes, however delays seems to be coming faster than progress. Initially we thought that the guidelines from the JOBS act would go into effect by the start of 2013, however, now many in the industry are claiming that we may have wait on the SEC a bit longer, meaning mid to late 2013 before things go live.

What are your thoughts and opinions. How long will the US have to wait for equity crowdfunding to come on line?

smartinvestor
08-31-2012, 03:18 AM
It's difficult for me to make an educated guess as I'm not living in the US.

From a layman's point of view I have to wonder why they seem to be dragging their feet. Is it so hard to implement a law that's passed all the necessary hurdles? Or, has the Presidential election over there put a stop to 'business as usual'?

Skystar
08-31-2012, 05:43 AM
I'm guessing early '13, but could take awhile to get the bugs out. President Romney will help a lot. This is the kind of thing he's interested in and qualified for.