PDA

View Full Version : (Bitcointrust) Bitcoin Investment Trust

SocialCam
09-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Pretty interesting marriage of bitcoin into an investment via crowdfunding site secondmarket... Opinions?:
http://bitcointrust.co

WHY INVEST IN THE BIT?

The BIT is designed to solve many of the issues associated with directly owning bitcoin, including:

Acquiring Bitcoin

Through established relationships our Authorized Participant has with the major bitcoin exchanges and large private pools of bitcoins, the BIT is able to offer a weighted price that reflects a more accurate market view. Investors can buy shares in the BIT at a set price and without having to transact in a fragmented and highly illiquid market with unregulated and newly established entities.

Storage and Safekeeping of Bitcoin

Safely storing large quantities of bitcoin can be technically challenging and puts the owner at risk of being hacked. The BIT utilizes state of the art security protocols to store bitcoin on behalf of BIT shareholders.

Auditing Limitations

Auditing and classification standards for bitcoin have not yet been broadly adopted. However, the BIT, which will be audited by Ernst & Young, enables investors to invest in bitcoin via a security, making it eligible for investment for institutions, certain IRAs and other types of brokerage accounts.

INVESTMENT DETAILS
Investment Minimum:
$25,000
Investor Qualification:
Accredited investor
Front End Fee:
1.5% (waived for investments made in 2013)
Annual Administrative and Safekeeping Fee:
2.0%
Back End Fee:
1.5%
Liquidity:
To commence no later than March 2014.
Historical Net Asset Value/Per Share (NAV):*
September 25, 2013: $12.88

SocialCam
09-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Here is an email I just received from Second market:

Or perhaps not. Bitcoin faces regulatory hurdles and widespread adoption concerns that make investing in bitcoin a very risky proposition. There is a real possibility that the price of bitcoin drops to zero. It is challenging to buy, store and secure bitcoin, and many investors simply don’t want to deal with the hassle of it. Yet there is an excitement about the prospects for bitcoin and we know some investors are looking to allocate a percentage of their portfolio to bitcoin.

That’s why I’m pleased to announce the launch of the Bitcoin Investment Trust (BIT), a private vehicle for institutional and accredited investors that is invested solely in bitcoin and derives its value from the price of bitcoin. Qualified investors gain exposure to the price movement of bitcoin without the challenges of buying, storing and safekeeping bitcoins. Alternative Currency Asset Management, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SecondMarket, is the sponsor of the fund.

SecondMarket has a long track record of making alternative assets more accessible to a broader group of investors. Our infrastructure enables streamlined capital raising, investor communication and periodic liquidity for private funds, so we believe a private, bitcoin-related fund is a perfect fit for the SecondMarket platform.

Bitcoin is clearly not for everyone. If you don’t know much about bitcoin, take a look at our education center and perhaps it’ll pique your interest. But if you’re an accredited investor interested in getting exposure to bitcoin, take a look at the materials and decide for yourself.

Xtaintab
07-31-2014, 03:13 AM
Need help to make it happen (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/xtain-tab-herbal-remedies-for-erectile-dysfunction/x/8244673)

daltonnadeau
08-24-2014, 09:12 AM
bitcoin is widely used by the criminal element of the internet, because you can mask and launder it

Jordan Ale
09-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Cool to see Bitcoin on here. Check our www.yocrypto.ca if you're curious about integration services. You can start accepting Bitcoin at point of sale for free. I love crypto, see huge potential!

dieting
12-30-2014, 12:07 PM
I’m pleased to announce the launch of the Bitcoin Investment Trust (BIT), a private vehicle for institutional and accredited investors that is invested solely in bitcoin and derives its value from the price of bitcoin. Qualified investors gain exposure to the price movement of bitcoin without the challenges of buying, storing and safekeeping bitcoins. Alternative Currency Asset Management, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SecondMarket, is the sponsor of the fund.??

Amy Thompson
01-02-2015, 01:33 PM
In 2010. Bitcoins cost an average of 30 dollars on Paypal. in 2014. It went from a hundred dollars to eight hundred dollars. That is a big leep. However there are some concerns. There was a page that allowing exchange of bitcoins. It was closed down after hundreds of bitcoins discovered missing. Bitcoin investors lost everything.

jakson
04-11-2015, 12:05 AM
bitcoin is widely used by the criminal element of the internet, because you can mask and launder it

stevefam
06-28-2015, 01:27 AM
Lol don't tell me now people are buying property by bitcoins. (Oh God! kill me!)

stevefam
06-28-2015, 01:28 AM
I'm wondering what will happen with Cross cheques in future! LOL!! Dark future for all bankers