PDA

View Full Version : A Big Mistake I See CrowdFunders Make

CrowdFundBuzz
09-30-2013, 04:04 PM
This is just my observation - The mistake is not backing other projects before you launch your project. This mistake applies more to Indiegogo than other platforms because Indiegogo shows how many projects you have backed in your profile. I see a lot of people launch projects looking for support from the crowdfunding community but they have never financially supported the community. You can back most projects for as little as $1. Before you launch your project get out there and back some other projects. If you have already launched it is not too late to get involved. A lot of times when you back a project that project owner will come back your project.

Senserial
10-02-2013, 08:56 AM
I have thought about the same - if and to what extent (not) backing other projects would influence your own project's success. I agree that supporting other projects plays a big role.

smartinvestor
10-02-2013, 09:56 AM
This is just my observation - The mistake is not backing other projects before you launch your project. This mistake applies more to Indiegogo than other platforms because Indiegogo shows how many projects you have backed in your profile. I see a lot of people launch projects looking for support from the crowdfunding community but they have never financially supported the community. You can back most projects for as little as $1. Before you launch your project get out there and back some other projects. If you have already launched it is not too late to get involved. A lot of times when you back a project that project owner will come back your project.

Excellent point you make. It's all about having that 'community spirit' so you are more likely to get help from others if you are prepared to do the same.

bikerkarl
10-03-2013, 07:03 AM
It's a numbers game you are playing here. If you go back 20 other projects, what are you're expectations of those projects? ALL 20 will back yours? I do like the back scratching methods, but I think that projects creators have (or should have) higher priorities of creating value for others.

After all, you are creating value for your own backers, what value does a $1 donation provide to the community?

paala
10-04-2013, 04:33 AM
I don't agree:
For example:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/65916870/build-a-game
This project has 0 backed 1, facebook friend, but he managed to raise 25.000$ .He failed because he had a goal of 50.000$.

And you can become a backer if you sustain a failure project and you don't spend any money.

TradeMovers
10-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I agree with this section, I believe that supporting other projects will get the attention of others and the attention of some of their supporters. But then I question which project should one reach out too, I have seen projects going well beyond their goal and I myself just started to back other projects, but I am choosing the higher projects because of their visibility. I dont know I was just thinking though because I am 23 days in and only have 49$ out of $50k.