PDA

View Full Version : Off to a slow start

Al Topich
09-30-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm helping out a graduate student produce his thesis film, Perfect Machine. This is the first time that I've worked on the fundraising side of things. We've struggled to put together an Indiegogo page, that can be seen here: ( (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/perfect-machine)Please no urls here, put in signature only)

We have lined up a lot of content to be released throughout the month, and as good as that is, the traffic to our page is nowhere near what it needs to be for us to reach our goal. How do we get people, other than friends and family to look at our page. I could use all the help i can get.

Thanks

ktrug
10-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Find blogs or websites related to your industry that do reviews and give interviews and info to them. It worked for a lot of people I know who do comic kickstarters. Hope that helps.

Devious Devices
10-15-2013, 05:27 PM
We are just getting started and so far are seeing the same stalemate.

We have tried over and over to reach out to blogs and industry sites, but the constant reply is "we don't review/preview/feature prototypes". These are the same industry sites that have done just that in the past. I understand they must get a lot of unrefined, nowhere near complete products, but there is no exception in their replies.

We have been fortunate enough to find some sites willing to post our campaign on their sites once we launch, but that can only go so far now that we are started.

It's rough!