PDA

View Full Version : Should I be Scared? Two different platforms

Doozy Inc
10-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I have been comparing the 2 platforms both Kickstarter and Indiegogo. If you have seen some of my other posts, I have a Bluetooth Watch launching. I see most of the Bluetooth Watch "FUND" on Kickstarter. On Indiegogo, I have seen some impressive Bluetooth watch as well and is not successful or even near kickstarter numbers.

I have to launch by early next week as I submitted to Kickstarter last week. Indiegogo can go live anytime. The pledge difference is scaring me because I have put so much effort into the projects and patiently waited out with Kickstarter.

Indiegogo - https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/519cae64

Kickstarter - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doozyinc/2095765423?token=82a11afd

They are both the same projects but I am seeing success rate is not that high with Indiegogo.

-Carl

smartinvestor
10-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Carl, I'm not sure I understand your question.

Are you asking if you should have two campaigns running at the same time? Or, are you asking which one to choose?

If the latter, then from what you written Kickstarter seems to be the better option for your campaign.

Doozy Inc
10-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Carl, I'm not sure I understand your question.

Are you asking if you should have two campaigns running at the same time? Or, are you asking which one to choose?

If the latter, then from what you written Kickstarter seems to be the better option for your campaign.

I really prefer Kickstarter but they delayed me since 8-8-2013 and right now I am on a time crunch. I have seen pledges on smart watches on Indiegogo with only like 10-15K in pledges. Other similar smart watches on kickstarter hits $400K to $1M. I am afraid that Indiegogo do not have serious pledgers or a wide database to expose my product.

I will be running one platform... again, Kickstarter has a major delay in approvals.

Crowdfund
11-15-2013, 10:52 PM
I see that you ended up going with both platforms after all? That is a HUGE difference in the amount of pledges! Can I ask
how you marketed the project? And was their equal weight to both marketing pushes and, did they start at the same time?

I've done a ton of research for my start-up (a project aggregator) and would be curious to hear what you did and try to make
sense of the difference. Perhaps it could be that there is more of a 'tech' base in kickstarter vs indiegogo?

CordArmor
11-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Why did you cancel your kickstarter campaign? You were far more successful there! I am shocked at the funding difference between the two sites. I myself was going to use Kickstarter but they also delayed me because of some photos I was using and so I decided to just go with Indiegogo. Which so far, I seriously regret. I am not seeing the results that I expected so far!