PDA

View Full Version : Throwing in the towel

LegendaryDrew
10-14-2013, 03:10 PM
I've been running my second crowdfunding campaign for 14 days, and things started well... but there's been nothing but silence in the last week. No new pledges, no comments, no feedback, nothing. I've tried just about everything I can think of to drum up interest, including emailing my contacts, posting in the dedicated Facebook group and engaging people on Twitter. I've even asked for feedback on the campaign, before and after launching it, and got no response whatsoever.

Just tonight there have been two other projects launched on Kickstarter, both LEGO related and by popular figures... so I guess now I can forget about anyone backing my project.

There may be 30 days left for the campaign, but I'm seriously considering throwing in the towel, since I'm being ignored anyway. Or is there something I can do to salvage the situation?

smartinvestor
10-15-2013, 02:27 AM
I 'liked' tweeted and +1'd your campaign.

One thought, are there any blogs you know of which are about Lego, or toys, games etc that might be willing to write an article about your campaign?

Try contacting the blog owners and perhaps suggest you write a guest post for them.

Add a signature here with your campaign link in so that whenever any of your posts are viewed your link gets seen.

LegendaryDrew
10-15-2013, 05:56 AM
Thanks for your response, and I appreciate your social media support!

I've contacted quite a few LEGO-related weblogs, as well as those who have featured other successful projects. At least a couple of have posted about the campaign as a result. I hadn't thought about searching for toy-related weblogs, and perhaps those focused on web design would be useful as well. I would like to find something about why web design is important for attracting customers/visitors.