PDA

View Full Version : How do I get more traffic to my Indiegogo campaign?

Ash Gilpin
10-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Hey everyone,

We've just created an Indiegogo campaign for our product, Wads. It's a pen that doubles as a spitwad launcher and interactive game that will be marketed to children.

We're having a hard time getting traffic to our Indiegogo page. We don't have any fan base yet. This really is a brand new idea/product and our crowd funding campaign is the first anyone is hearing of this product.

Does anyone have any advice for a novice crowdfunder?

FlexlineDesigns
10-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Facebook, google+ groups, local press & media, blogs like Incredible Things and Drool'd would all like your product.

Do you have a prototype yet? The animation is nice but I get very little sense about how the wad works or looks.

As my (unsuccessful) campaign winds down into the final hours, the one thing I've learned is that you should really lay your PR foundation several weeks or more before you launch.

Best of luck

Eazytables
10-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi Guys,
I was going to ask the same question as I have just launched a campaign on Indiegogo and the take up has been slow.

Pity because I was pretty dammed excited about launching it.

( (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/eazytables)No links in this folder, place in your signature please)

It about helping children with their Maths tables - simple really but it does work.

Ash Gilpin
10-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Facebook, google+ groups, local press & media, blogs like Incredible Things and Drool'd would all like your product.

Do you have a prototype yet? The animation is nice but I get very little sense about how the wad works or looks.

As my (unsuccessful) campaign winds down into the final hours, the one thing I've learned is that you should really lay your PR foundation several weeks or more before you launch.

Best of luck

Thank you for your feedback! I hadn't heard about Incredible Things or Drool'd. I'll definitely check them out.

We do have a very rough prototype. I have pictures of it in my campaign along with a video demonstration.

I really had no idea the amount of work that's involved with promoting a campaign. I guess I was ignorant to believe that "if you build it, they will come." I just thought that's how crowd funding sites work. Unfortunately, I don't have any sort of fan base for Wads. It's a completely new idea. My campaign is the first place anyone's heard of it...besides my circle of friends.

Anyways, I'll keep doing what I can to push the message. Thank you again for your feedback. I'll definitely look in to those sites. :)

Doozy Inc
10-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Thank you for your feedback! I hadn't heard about Incredible Things or Drool'd. I'll definitely check them out.

We do have a very rough prototype. I have pictures of it in my campaign along with a video demonstration.

I really had no idea the amount of work that's involved with promoting a campaign. I guess I was ignorant to believe that "if you build it, they will come." I just thought that's how crowd funding sites work. Unfortunately, I don't have any sort of fan base for Wads. It's a completely new idea. My campaign is the first place anyone's heard of it...besides my circle of friends.

Anyways, I'll keep doing what I can to push the message. Thank you again for your feedback. I'll definitely look in to those sites. :)

Hi Ash!

I am having some major problems with Indiegogo. Even in my other post I went against myself because Kickstarter denied me. Looks like there are no views on Indiegogo! This is very frustrating as I sit here looking at my page like a live stock with no movement. I would like to know how can you generate more traffic. The Sad thing is 176 people looked at my page within 24 hours.... and only 2 of them are from the Indiegogo site. Pretty sad! Good Luck! Maybe we all ahould get together and exchange the network of friends!

-Carl

Ash Gilpin
10-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Hi Ash!

I am having some major problems with Indiegogo. Even in my other post I went against myself because Kickstarter denied me. Looks like there are no views on Indiegogo! This is very frustrating as I sit here looking at my page like a live stock with no movement. I would like to know how can you generate more traffic. The Sad thing is 176 people looked at my page within 24 hours.... and only 2 of them are from the Indiegogo site. Pretty sad! Good Luck! Maybe we all ahould get together and exchange the network of friends!

-Carl

Hey Carl,

Yeah, it's quite frustrating. I continued getting great feedback from people, even those outside of my circle of friends. People seem to really like my idea, yet I'm not getting funding. Boils down to my lack of exposure my page is getting. Pretty unfortunate.

Like you, I'm constantly monitoring my page. I keep checking out how many people are liking it on Facebook, etc. Seems to be at a complete standstill. =/

I'm going to go ahead and proceed with product development on my end. I still think it's a great idea. :)

Good luck with your project as well. Kickstarter definitely gets more traffic/exposure, but they are a complete pain to get listed on their site. They create SO MANY barriers to entry. Most people probably give up.