PDA

View Full Version : hiring social advertisers to help crowdfund - has it worked for you ?

Clarissa Isa
10-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Hi there,

I started a project on kick starter; (Project links in signature only)

and since I have been contacted by somebody from a company offering to give publicity to my campaign. I looked into these kinds of companies and many appear to be tailored to helping crowd funding projects like on kick starter.

I am asking, has anyone any experience hiring one of these social advertising companies for their crowd funding page and was it or was it not helpful? Any other information about these schemes are appreciated. I am not sure what to think.

smartinvestor
10-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Good question. Hopefully you'll get some useful feedback on how cost-effective these companies are.

SweetCheeksUS
10-28-2013, 10:27 PM
I would love to know what others experiences with these companies is. Please share!

Clarissa Isa
10-31-2013, 04:42 AM
Anyone at all? :confused:

Harry T Logan
11-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Was hoping to see some useful information here...

think I might just give one a go and see for myself.

will let you know... if I do

Salvador Briggman
11-11-2013, 09:31 PM
What company specifically were you contacted by?

PawelB
11-12-2013, 11:47 AM
I am not sure if this is a similar situation as with releasing a game to google store or iOS -- you typically get a lot of calls from marketing pros ready to offer you visibility and review nirvana. I am sure some of them are worth the money, but it is very hard to evaluate, who is going to benefit you, and who is going to be benefited from you... I suppose it is all about their reach, but how do you know if it is legit, and not a robo-fluff?

TNguyen
11-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Our campaign experienced the same thing... I'm always skeptical about these things.
Our contact was from http://gogorocket.com/, I looked at the site and it didn't look too professional. On top of that, his "packages" were quite expensive...

Salvador Briggman
11-14-2013, 05:45 PM
In full disclosure, I run CrowdfundingPR.org. We've never contacted people on platforms or spammed them regarding our services. We rely on word of mouth.

I personally haven't heard of GoGoRocket until now, but I'm familiar with CrowdFund Mafia and they've done some good work with Indiegogo. They are also very selective about the projects they take on.

Would love to hear some feedback of companies you guys have used (GoGorocket, etc). This is a very new space, so services are always changing.

Cara@BloomVC
11-17-2013, 06:24 AM
I would be really interested to heard about your experiences. At Bloom, we work hard to promote all of our projects through blogs, newsletters, social media and more, however the most effective promotion is always from the project owner themselves. To date, we haven't had anyone hire external support but it would be interesting to see what impact it has on project success.

Clarissa Isa
11-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Would be great to hear about your experience Harry!

Salvador, I have been approached by various companies, such as gogorocket and social tigers.

I'd like to hear from people who have used these kinds of services, though I find the services would appeal to me more if I didn't have much time to do promoting myself and had a bit more cash to invest in such things.

anis008
12-21-2013, 05:56 AM
Well, if you are still looking for social advertisers to help crowdfund, I will suggest you to search on oDesk or Elance marketplace where you will easily can hire social advertisers. Thanks

sociofood
12-26-2013, 08:23 AM
I also need the answer for this question.
Seems like i will try one of this service.

@salvador : Hi salvador, i read your articles in crowdcrux, and i must say it's useful for me. I also considering use your service crowdfundingpr. Can you explain how this thing work for our project?

Brandon
12-26-2013, 09:55 AM
It all depends on the company. In truth most "advertise" to shell social media profiles. "I will blast your campaign to my 10,000 followers" or I will Tweet your project to 100,000 followers" is the common tag lines. The companies that are legit can cost up to 3,000 dollars a month. If you have the money, go for it. Be careful though. Depending on who you are dealing with and how they plan on "advertising" for you, you can get banned from those social media sites. Now for my shameless plug, I am launching a HUGE site that focusing on crowdfunding and the general start-up community in January. Email me at Brandon@LaunchCulture.com and MAYBE I can help. I say maybe because there are so many projects out there that we wouldn't be able to help and/or after evaluation choose not to. Just being honest.

In the words of Elmer Fudd, "Be very very careful" :)

Jhill
12-26-2013, 09:50 PM
I also was hoping to read what everyone had to say. I was contacted by social tigers. They have an interesting commercial/video on youtube. Still, sometimes things are too good to be true.