PDA

View Full Version : (Indiegogo)Petition and Crowdunding Campaign for LGBT rights in Canada - Citizen Jane

Mercedes CA Grant
10-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Hello everyone! I'm thrilled to be a part of such a supportive crowdfunding crew! We all know how challenging this can be and it is imperative that we help each other out. With that, I'd love to share the campaign and petition we are pushing out through indiegogo.

The film dramatizes a little known time in Canadian history when LGBT soldiers were investigated, dishonourably discharged and stripped of all benefits, for engaging in what the Armed Forces considered “immoral conduct”. In addition to the revocation of benefits, the traumatic investigations led to broken relationships, loss of career and in some cases, loss of lives.

While the ban was overturned in 1992 by former soldier Michelle Douglas, the Canadian government has never formally apologized for the persecution of gays and lesbians that went on for over 25 years.

PETITION - Time to rock the boat!

We have launched an official petition to ask the government to formally apologize to all LGBT soldiers who were discharged dishonourably, with the support of the New Democratic Party (NDP) Member’s of Parliament Paul Dewar and Libby Davies.

LINK to petition:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Apologize_for_LGBT_persecution_in_the_Canadian_For ces/

CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN – Getting the issue out to a worldwide audience!

We have also launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise the funds to pay for the completion of the film and to market the film to expose it to worldwide audiences, promoting the message of equality and raising awareness for human right issues. It began on October 23rd and runs until November 27, 2013.

LINK to Campaign: http://igg.me/at/filmcitizenjane/x/2724946

We ask you to join us in creating a tsunami of support for equality, human rights and LGBT communities around the globe.

Thank you so much everyone, we couldn't do this without you!