PDA

View Full Version : Indiegogo CEO Gives Crowdfunding Tips and Statistic

SocialCam
10-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Recently at Techcrunch Disrupt, the CEO and Founder of Indiegogo gave some interesting statistics which translates into advice. Here are some of the things coming from the interview which I think all campaign managers should look over:

The ideal number of perks to offer your funders are between 3 and 8. Any more or less will result in less funding on average.
The top referring mechanisms for Indiegogo campaigns are #1 email campaigns, #2 Facebook, and #3 Twitter.
Approximately 33% of your funds will come from your personal network of family and friends, another 33% from your friends Networks via word of mouth, and the final 33% from people finding your campaign on Indiegogo by themselves.
Momentum matters: you’re 5x more likely to hit your target if you can reach at least 25% of your overall goal within the first week
The average campaign will reach it's funding goal on it's 36th day.
Campaigns which have videos in them raise 114% more money on average than those without
The average contribution on Indiegogo campaigns is $70
Teams are Better Than flying solo. Campaigns with over 3 founders/managers raise 70% more than those will a sole manager.
Be sure to update those who back you. Campaigns which update their backers every 1-5 days do better than those who update every 20+ days

julian
11-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Solid straightforward advice!

TNguyen
11-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Wow, thanks for this!
I need to rework my campaigning strategy...

Laura Fredericks
11-14-2013, 02:37 AM
Very good advice, but I would also add that these are all averages. Think about your project, and what makes sense for you. For instance, if you have a huge following and engaged crowd on Twitter, then that might be your best place for referrals. If you don't hit 25% in your first week, that doesn't mean you won't be successful, it just means you need to put that much more effort into outreach. And remember that its a numbers game - you never know which tweet, facebook post, or email will result in a huge donation, so get us much out there as you can!