View Full Version : Crowdfunding research for European Commission on certification and data collection

Ronald Kleverlaan
11-13-2013, 06:26 AM
Dear crowdfunding-friends,

We are conducting a research on measures the European Commission can take to strengthen the crowdfunding ecosystem in Europe.

The target group of this survey are crowdfunding platforms and professionals, web-entrepreneurs and other stakeholders of the internet economy.

This survey is part of a research conducted by the Startup Europe Crowdfunding Network (http://www.crowdfundingnetwork.eu/about-us/) to identify measures which would further strengthen the crowdfunding environment for web-entrepreneurs and facilitate the pan-European growth of the sector.

The results of this research will feed into the European Commission policies related to crowdfunding in Europe.

The survey will take < 5 minutes and can be started here: https://nl.surveymonkey.com/s/Startup-Europe-crowdfunding-survey

Thanks in advance!

Ronald Kleverlaan
Vice-Chairman European Crowdfunding Network
Advisor European Commission
CEO WEBclusive

11-28-2013, 05:40 PM
I've completed the survey - the questions are well designed and thought provoking. I'll be very interested in the results!

12-21-2013, 07:44 AM
For those who do not speak EU-ese what this means is

The EU would like to introduce draconian regulations on the crowd-funding industry to prevent small starts up getting involved. This then leaves the way open uncontested for big business and financiers to control the market as no one else will be able to afford to enter the industry.

12-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Ypraise. thanks for the translation :) I will say this.... The tighter the regulations in one jurisdiction, the more possible startups they will lose to other jurisdictions. If Europe's rules become too strict, they will go to the US, or Australia, or vice versa. They all know that startups and small business are the drivers of any economy, so I think we will gradually see deregulation up to a point that makes sense.