PDA

View Full Version : MEAD (honey wine) My Kickstarter project: Our winery's first run of 4,000 bottles

torvald
09-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Hello everyone,

My project is here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2074864012/vanaheim-gold-our-first-honey-wine-mead-production

I am Torvald Adolphson. I have been making mead in my kitchen for 10 years. In October of 2010, to celebrate the birth of my son, Alex, I decided to go forward into my own winery (or, meadery, to be specific). After $30,000 of my own family funding, I am very close to completing this goal and being fully licensed to sell my product. But, as in all things driven by economics, I am coming up short right at the end and I am trying so very hard not to get a lending institution's hook in my mouth.

Over the last two years, I have brought an 8'x40' shipping container onto my property and have finished out the inside and put a decent high-pitch roof on top to serve as my meadmaking "office". Though it is a bit small for being a big man, I have all the room I need to reach my business plan's "step one" goal of 12,000 bottles of product per year. However, just starting out, my immediate goal is to produce 4,000 bottles of my label, a traditional mead wine known as Vanaheim Gold.

My remaining funding requirements are for the local state permit fees, a bit of additional A/C and some electrical upgrades. I have many people in the Austin area ready and willing to buy my product, including one well-known local liquor store and a large Austin-area chain with several outlets throughout Central Texas. As you may know, Kickstarter does not openly allow the giving of alcohol as a tier reward. However, as we have our federal licensure already and have our state paperwork ready to turn in pending the permits fees, I don't see why my project can't act as a pre-order scenario. So you won't find this on the project site, but, I am fully willing to reward every incremental contribution of $25.00 with two bottles of our labeled product assuming that the contributor is of age 21 or older. Incrementally, if you were to contribute, say, $100, you will receive (in addition to the reward tier on the project site) eight (8) bottles of our product.

I appreciate any help in getting the word out on our project as well as welcoming any contributions to reach our goal. If you visit our website, follow us on Facebook, and view the project and still have questions, please email me. I will be glad to answer them.

Thank you for your time,

Torvald Adolphson
Wide-In-Wisdom Winery

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wide-In-Wisdom-Winery/176464065697946?ref=hl

www.wisemead.com

sharkinvestor
09-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Oh that's really nice thing! But wouldn't you have much better success if you offer wine bottles as reward?

dandelionwings
09-22-2012, 10:36 PM
i love mead and it's been forever since i've had any....will you be able to ship out of state once you're up and running?