PDA

View Full Version : Support Fusion Propulsion Research

Irvarvlin
09-09-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm a graduate student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, and I'm researching fusion propulsion for spacecraft. I've recently launched a campaign on Indiegogo to raise funding for fusion propulsion research, which you can see here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/support-fusion-propulsion?a=1095748

The research is a joint venture between UAH, Boeing, and NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center. As you no doubt know, NASA's budget is extremely tight, and it's probably safe to say that it won't get a significant increase in the near future. Coupled with the fact that funding for advanced propulsion concepts has always been extremely volatile, and it becomes paramount that alternate sources of funding are found to support this research.

There are many talented graduate students here at UAH that are being denied the opportunity to get involved with this research because of insufficient funding. In addition to this, there is much equipment that would be of great benefit to support the research we're doing, but we're unable to obtain it due to our limited budget. So please help spread the word on this, and please consider making a donation. Thank you.