PDA

View Full Version : All campaigns and projects, I have a question for you

Brandon
01-02-2014, 10:37 AM
As a crowdfunding project would you rather pay for services (marketing, branding, sales, biz planning, campaign strategy...etc) or give up equity in exchange for these services?

Crowdfunding-Res
01-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Depends, if they are relatively cheap I'd pay, otherwise I'd give up equity since the cash usually doesn't grow on trees...

valhallions
01-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Personally I prefer to pay than release equity but as my budget is limited I always try to see what I can do on my own first before resorting to pay for services.

storybox
01-15-2014, 04:50 PM
I would rather pay.

Skystar
01-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Would rather pay with equity tied to ascertainable result and definable goals.

Chris Ayres
01-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm planning a web series kickstarter and I think I'd only be willing to pay for marketing. I wouldn't want to give any equity away, either :)

CrowdFundFusion
01-22-2014, 01:42 PM
If I had to choose I'd rather pay way before equity. If your project hits it big then you could be spending a lot more than if you just paid them. It also depends on how much they are charging you as well.

Just be wary of these services, so far I've heard only rip-off stories, I hope that changes but if you do use one then be sure to vet them (ask for specific contacts from ppl who they have helped before). If they can't or won't be suspicious and walk.

Clickdrive
01-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Giving away equity for services seems to sound a lot like outsourcing co-founders rather than a way to access resources you can't initially pay for? Not sure if I've grasped the concept here but it's an interesting idea

Cheers,
Mark