PDA

View Full Version : "Remembering Michael" Crowdfunding Project Removed by Katherine Jackson

SocialCam
01-03-2014, 09:59 AM
A few days ago a Fundanything campaign for a documentary which was being created by Michael Jackson's Mother, Katherine Jackson, called "Remembering Michael," launched on FundAnything.com. It immediately got some negative comments from people who claim that Katherine doesn't even have the rights to produce such a movie, and others claiming it's just more people taking advantage of Jackson's untimely death. Either way, those concerns should all be gone now. Katherine Jackson had the project canceled and claims she will be having it funded in other ways. In fact the Webpage of the project on Fundanything has vanished off the internet altogether.

The project raised a paltry $4275 prior to it being taken down. Some speculate that Katherine may have been embarrassed by the small sum that fans had donated. Here is a look at the trailer on Youtube for the project:

http://youtu.be/V9ZnHJsXPKM

smartinvestor
01-03-2014, 03:35 PM
I don't know about the legalities of the movie. I know there's still a lot of interest in Michael Jackson, but I wish they would just let it go. It gets rather boring when they keep rehashing celeb's lives.