Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I have written many press releases for crowdfunding projects. In my experience, the press release itself needs to be part of a broader campaign of promotion. (This is true for anyone, not just crowdfunding projects.) Simply putting a press release out on the wire is not really going to do much unless there is something extraordinary about the venture, e.g. you're creating a revolutionary electric car battery. What's needed is a precise targeting of journalists who cover the segment that's relevant to your project. So, if you're creating a camping product, you want to send your press release in advance to reporters who cover outdoor sports. Then, you might get covered. A PR firm is not necessarily bad, but they tend to be very expensive for what you get.

Yeah I am not sure how to feel about PR firms. I was looking around a few weeks ago because I am launching this month. Everyone seems to have the same script that they are the best, or other companies don't drive results. Yet, there is a huge price difference between all the firms. So any advise on what to ask PR firms would be helpful!

Any thoughts on using PR Newswire versus lower cost wire services?

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

The top tier press distribution services include PRNewsire and PRWeb however, they can be really expensive. PrNewswire's iReach service is really the most cost effective for getting PR listings (on media sites) but that is all they are - listings.

Best of luck
    Shane Liddell
    CEO
    Smart Crowdfunding LLC
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RAW View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread, and won't respond after this on this issue.

I think "good" and "$50" are mutually exclusive. but for $50 you might get a couple press releases done, don't know about good though. for $50 you may get some press release distributed. But that would be 'iffy'.

Define what you want the PR folks to do in a defined realistic task set. Frankly I am impressed how much you can get from fiverr.com for a few $5 gigs ($10, 15 and even $40, but keep your tasks focused narrow. I have purchased about 70 of these services this year, some are outstanding, some not so much and some are lame.

I think if you are on a budget, you need to focus and spend carefully and fully manage your assets.

Robin A West
    What are the services your purchasing on Fiverr. Could you clarify?

As a project Creator, I've tried many services. The only one that worked was called "backerclub.co". I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but they have a money-back guarantee if they don't get you an equivalent amount of pledges.

Quote Originally Posted by toatea View Post
    As a project Creator, I've tried many services. The only one that worked was called "backerclub.co". I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but they have a money-back guarantee if they don't get you an equivalent amount of pledges.
    How much were you trying to raise? what kind of project?

This is helpful to know. I just started a campaign and have received theses same type of messages. Foreseeing the potential for spam gives me a heads up. Thanks!

Most campaign creators don't know much about PR. Being an online marketer since 2005 - I have used most of these services for promoting my own sites already.

I have done press release for a single purpose - to get backlinks from high authority news portals. But when it comes to traffic or backers - these Press Releases are useless. Now as a campaign creator, a word like "backlink" is both alien and useless for you.

The only way a Press Release can be helpful if it gets published naturally on a news portal - via. an author who maintains a column on that portal. Otherwise the Release will end up in a section on the news site that no one reads.

You need a professional to pitch your services in a way that the author of a news site feature your submission. There are a few ways to do it - like using sites like HARO or perhaps build a connection with the journalists like we do on GuestCrew.

There are a few other ways too, as media sites aren't the only places to get seen on the web. There are popular blogs where getting featured will get you plenty of visibility - like mashable, lifehacker etc.

thanks,
    Uttoran Sen,
    Hey, am Uttoran Sen, the CEO and Co-founder of Hidden Content - a Crowd Speaking platform.
    We Promote every Crowd Funding Campaign on our Hidden Content . Hidden Content now and Get Funded!

I got one of these messages not even ten minutes after my campaign launched.