Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kenwood View Post
    We started our kickstarter campaign last week and after getting no interest, we decided to give Crowdfund Social a try. After some brief research on the company and some discussion, we decided to pull the trigger and go for the mid-level package, since we're only trying to raise $30,000 for our campaign.

It was late Friday afternoon when we made the payment, so i'm not expecting t0 hear anything back from them until next week, but i'll keep everyone updated.

“Change of Address” celebrates Asian and Asian American filmmakers.
    Please help support our kickstarter campaign.

http://kck.st/2fUQhLm

Ken Wood
    Producer, Bubba Chin Productions LLC
    keep us updated. Did you consider any other site?

Giving this thread a bump, as with so many others, I've received numerous messages with the start of my Kickstarter campaign (http://kck.st/2iKmQg0) .

Are there any PR companies out there willing to work on a performance contingency? I'm 34% funded, if there was a company willing to provide some sort of guarantee, I'd be willing to pay a premium.

Anyone know any firms like this?

Thanks!

Kimberly Wylie
    Charms4Good
    Charms4Good Kicstarter

I haven't heard of any reputable PR firms willing to work on a rev-share basis, but we're developing a new service called Gap Funding. It works like this:

Let's say a crowdfunding campaign has a funding goal of $50,000 and reaches only $40,000 with little time left. We make a $10,000 pledge so they can reach their goal. They reimburse us the $10k plus a profit from proceeds. Everybody wins: the campaign organizers who get the money that would normally be returned to the donors, the platform, that gets their percentage but would get nothing if the funds are returned, the donors, who are more interested in their rewards than getting their money back, and us, making a profit from our Gap Funding.

Good info - got the same messages. Looked em up and decided not to bother with any of em!

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I haven't heard of any reputable PR firms willing to work on a rev-share basis, but we're developing a new service called Gap Funding. It works like this:

Let's say a crowdfunding campaign has a funding goal of $50,000 and reaches only $40,000 with little time left. We make a $10,000 pledge so they can reach their goal. They reimburse us the $10k plus a profit from proceeds. Everybody wins: the campaign organizers who get the money that would normally be returned to the donors, the platform, that gets their percentage but would get nothing if the funds are returned, the donors, who are more interested in their rewards than getting their money back, and us, making a profit from our Gap Funding.
    I might be interested in this, in a couple of weeks!

If you can PM me details that would be great! (I don't have enough posts to PM people. :-) )

Thanks!

Hi Charms - this is something we're deciding if we want to implement or not, so can't help you at the moment. I'll let you know if and when we get further along.

What's your campaign? maybe I can help you some other way.

Hi Tango,

Here's my campaign -- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ference-in-the

Thanks!

Hi Charms, - several ideas:

1. You need a video - it doesn't have to be fancy, but you need a face on this campaign. You can even use your phone, or post on Craigslist: "Wonderful animal rescue cause needs a short video - will trade charms . . etc."

2. You need a short URL with a redirect to your campaign. It makes it easier to promote, and you can redirect to a different platform if anything happens with your KS campaign.

3. You might be able to find an 'endorser' or a large well-known animal charity or maybe even a celebrity. The idea is for more exposure and credibility. Team and influencers are important - some can have large data bases.

4. You say 1/2 of funding goes to the African Wildlife Federation - are you a member? Link to their site & their video. Perhaps connect with a well-known elephant and send a press release to bloggers, media etc.

Love your work, and your logo. First class.

Best of luck ~

I've heard BackerCamp is quite good for IndieGogo or Kickstarter campaigns.

I researched crowdfunding mafia. After reading some in depth reviews I chose not to go down that road.