Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!

Illustrator
    Thank you Salvador!

I've started a Patreon page few days ago for my first webcomic project El Nudo (The Knot or Le Nœud).

I was born in Mérida, Venezuela. Later Spain, UK and France, currently I'm living in Paris.

Graphic and web designer, I am now working hard to achieve my dream of publishing my own comics, and why not, make a living out of my passion. I also love to play and create music. More about me

THE KNOT
    A story inspired by true dreamlike events, I will keep weaving it on a weekly basis to "the unknown".

I invite you to discover it.

Feel free to share your impressions, they will sure help me one way or the other.

Warm regards,
    Enrique

Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/nudocomic
    site: http://webcomic.eluque.com/en/
    Last edited by Enrique Luque; 09-10-2014 at 03:21 AM.
    Le plus important est invisible...

Hello everyone! I am new here, and likely to be back time and again. I am more of a press release writer, and have come here to share the various projects I have written for that I believe should truly be made.

Nice post about Patreon. Leant something today.

Thanks for posting this Salvador

Greetings from a wannabe writer from St.-Petersburg, Russia.

From my childhood, I have been fascinated in order by fantasy worlds from the books, computer technology, then games. Finally, I have come back to appreciating books again and I believe that interactive medium known as "games" has potential to become possibly the most relevant medium of the 21st century. Still, this potential is very much untapped: the game development industry might have just scratched the surface of what's possible with interactive fiction, back in the 1980s, when some interactive novels took literary awards and Infocom's games were sold in bookstores.

That was back when we haven't yet decided whether interactive fiction is literature or not. Generally, it was decided that it is not (it is its own separate kind of thing instead: videogames), but I think maybe it very much is. Maybe it's just still a very new medium, which expressive language and tools that work hasn't been discovered yet. Almost like cinema where each director has to figure out how to develop film, independently. As one of my favourite game developers put it,
    We have yet to discover the alphabet of this medium. We have discovered four letters and ran away writing books and book-writing textbooks with them. Maybe we should learn more letters first?
    I would like to try my hand at making my humble contribution to the progress of this medium someday, but right now I would like to help others, who have already created interesting projects that blend games, prose and sometimes poetry, and seek funding via Kickstarter, Indiegogo or similar crowdfunding platforms (sorry for posting this in the Patreon thread; I am new here and I have to post something before I am allowed to post in the othe sections)

The project I'm trying to promote right now is called

Elegy for a Dead World: A Game About Writing Fiction

In this game, you are controlling an astronaut as he or she walks across a screen depicting a beautiful alien landscape. There are no items to find, enemies to fight or answers to find. As you walk, all you can do is stop and write.

I would surely like to see this project happen. There are a couple of others, but it's just this one that I'm afraid may not meet its funding goal without more support.

I have already promoted the project on the writing forums I could find and reddits r/kickstarter and r/indiegames, but it wasn't enough to bring a noticeable raise in donations that I hoped for. The project is still trending to fail reaching its funding goal. You say you are passionate about the crowdfunding industry and helping people reach their fundraising goals. Could you possibly advise me what else could I do to reverse the trend and bring success to such a project?

Hello! I just started on the site too; found it while looking for places to promote. I'm doing a short story series, and I'd really enjoy if you checked it out here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=523139

Thanks!

Thanks for creating this forum
    I'm new and would love to have some feedback!
    I create manga, and so far my goals are to translate my Chinese versions into English so everyone can read them.
    I'm not aiming for high pledges, just small amount from many people.
    https://www.patreon.com/moonsia

I have a Patreon for my general art, but i'm going to try a second to possibly experiment with indie comic subscriptions.

Hi guys~ I'm pretty new to both Patreon and this forum and is currently doing a world building thing in my patreon. looking for more interested audience that would like to follow or just simply look and read.

Hi,

I'm new to this site, I'm creating mainly visual puzzles with small reward and i publish them on a site. I hope to find some great Patreon creators and to gain some feedback on my project too.

Ciao