Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome!

patreon is cool but you need to be a big shot to be able to use it in the first place

Just joined. hope to learn a lot. Am looking for more technical help.

Could you explain? do you mean only people who already have large channels are successful? What do you consider a bog shot?

Quote Originally Posted by redphoenix View Post
    patreon is cool but you need to be a big shot to be able to use it in the first place
    Sorry, I meant to quote this so you knew who I was asking.
    Could you explain? do you mean only people who already have large channels are successful? What do you consider a bog shot?

I am new in this forum. I'm looking for ways to promote a project. I would like thousands of people visualize my project. But I have no money to spend on advertising..

I have an idea!!

Check out my campaign on indiegogo and please consider donating and telling everyone you know! I am trying to get funding for a game I want to create called BlackOut! Just go to indiegogo, search up BlackOut under the gaming category, and donate if you wish! Thank you for considering!

We are helping people everywhere get quality name brand condoms at discount prices sent to them in a discreet box. This allows people to get good quality protection without paying ridiculous prices.

Here is a link to the campaign ---> http://igg.me/at/thejimmyclub/x/12142591

Thank you for your consideration!

Wow... I need help I guess. Having a little trouble trusting patreon. Can't contact anybody, no numbers, no humans... posted my first post, can't find it, submitted it again... in my own 'dashboard'? 45 mins later says i have made no posts. Finally find this help forum and it says... (unlike all other help forums) that i have to jump into unrelated threads 3 times??? before I can even ask my question??
    I am about to walk away from patreon... any help? i'm thelastcollaborator trying to create buddhas and cant even create a patreon account because they want to be like google and facebook. Anonymous. Un contactable. People who hide have secrets. Talking to a human is a big plus in todays age. How did all of you get past this?
    I will post this three times in different threads since it seems to be required and then post my own question worded just this way.
    Thanks for the help... i hope.

Hey there! New to the site. I hope to find a good resource here. I have friends who are considering Patreon and I know nothing about it. I would love to learn more!

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Lauren, I'm a jazz musician using Patreon to fund an album I'm writing now and recording in December. I'm not using it as a per-month subscription pledge but as something people can donate to once (I do however plan to keep it going until the project is really completed, which will take several months). I've had it going for a month and I've gotten 5 backers, all of whom are fans/friends that I know personally. I don't have a huge following yet on social media or in real life really, but I chose Patreon because of the way its set up and I liked the concept of being able to do the subscription thing if I chose to. I've had a few people email me because they were confused if they were going to be paying per CD or per month instead of the one-time thing I set up and I've had a few that couldn't get it to take their credit card, so that's frustrating because I wanted it to be easy for people to help if they wanted to. So I'm here, looking for ways to try to improve what I've started and keep moving forward with it.

www.patreon.com/laurenleespacejazz- here's the campaign if anyone is interested in taking a look.

Peace,
    Lauren