Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Help Fund The Guardians Comic Via Patreon!

Hello everyone! I'm honored to be the FIRST to post their Patreon project on this forum, I really hope you'll help me reach my goal. I'd be in your debt.

Now some of you might recognize this project, as we were just on Kickstarter. Sadly, we failed there, but after hearing about Patreon from some fans, we decided to take a shot at it.

So here's our goal. We want to get $900 per issue of Guardians. Why that number? Well, under my artist (the amazing Alex Garcia) that's how much it takes to draw, ink, color, and letter the 20 page comic. So that's our goal.

Unlike KS, we're doing very simple rewards. Because we'd really like to use Patreon to build and establish a fanbase. As such, there's only $3, $5, and $10 rewards. That doesn't mean you're not getting good stuff! It just means you don't to pledge as much to get stuff.

I'll be honest, I want to make my comic again as soon as possible. To that end, I'm doing a BIG contest right now. If we reach our goal by the end of the month, I'll give away every issue of Guardians so far (that's four issues) to everyone who pledges. AND, I'm going to be giving away free t-shirts as well!

So, if 86 of you want to pledge $10 to help us reach our goal, great! I'd really appreciate that. Alex and I REALLY want to work on Guardians again, and I really believe that this community can help reach our Patreon goal. Cause the moment we do, we're starting Guardians #4.

The link is below, I thank you for your time, and I really hope I can get your support.

http://www.patreon.com/user?u=183310

This is fantastic!

Thank you! I'm very proud of my comic, and I want nothing more than for it to continue.

So if you pledge to it and spread the word, I'd be most grateful!

Also, we have a FREE prologue issue that you can read before you decide if you want to help! The link is below:

http://guardians-comic.com/buy/issue-0/

We're inching closer to our goal. if we can keep the flow of supporters coming we'll make it!

To up the ante, I'm going to add to our current contest. If we reach our $900 milestone by the end of the month, I'll draw 20 Patrons into Guardians #4! If we go over that, I'll do the same for #5!

So, if you've ever wanted to be drawn into a comic book, here's the best chance to make it happen! Just pledge, spread the word, and help us reach our milestone!

Cool!

Building an audience is a long and slow process and it looks like you are starting from a small crowd position. I have a small crowd too so I've been thinking about audience growing activities, but much of my focus is on marketing free web content (that's what I create mostly) but I do have a couple of thoughts.

How are you marketing the issues? You have other the free prologue issue - but how are you making people aware of it? How do you interact with them? You need to connect with your audience to get them to support you. How are you doing this?

Have you considered sticking the prologue issue up on Noisetrade books as well (it's a site that lets you stick up ebooks and people can download for free or tip you - and you get their email address). David Gaughran had a pretty good article about it which is how I discovered it and a mailing list is a pretty good idea as well. In fact I reckon you'd find a lot at that site that might be of use.

Hope this helps,
    Becka

Thanks for the compliment G Dawg!

Rebecca, I've been spreading word about Guardians (and the free prologue Guardians #0) through Facebook, Twitter, G+, and various comic websites. I've been trying to build my Guardians fanbase by interacting with them on my FB and Twitter pages. Some people just don't want to interact. I'm all for trying new ideas though!

I'll definitely check out Noisetrade, I literally just saw a famous comic writer use it, and if it helps build my audience, I'm all for it.

If anyone here has ideas on how to build my audience, and by extension help my Patreon, let me know!

Oh, and my contest for my Patreon is still going on. Here's a pic of a t-shirt you could win if we get funded!

Hi again,

I backed your project.:-)

Marketing isn't easy, is it. :/

All those things are good, but getting visible is a pain. So many people trying to get visible.

If I think of anything else I'll be sure to share.

Becka :-)

Hey, thank you for backing it! Spread the word if you can, word-of-mouth is a BIG help.

We do what we can to get visible. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. But we can't give up. I'm doing Patreon because I've failed at KS so many times I don't want to try again, and I really believe Patreon will be the way to continue my comic for a long time.

But yeah, let me know if you think of any other ideas on how to get visible.

And to anyone reading this for the first time, I really could use your help and support. Even $3 can go a long way. Here's the link, I hope you'll check out our free prologue issue and consider helping.

Cool characters! Hope you reach your goal! Is patreon only for comics?