Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    seems to risky , I'd do this also but I couldnt even promise i'd get the money back for the people that's why i stick to kick starter

Quote Originally Posted by BBerry4430 View Post
    I actually had to take advantage of P2P lending through Lending Tree. Due to a variety of unfortunate circumstances I was in debt up to my eyeballs. Took out a P2P loan and paid off the credit cards in question. My credit rating soared back to where it was and all was great. The only risk is taking out a P2P loan and not cutting up the credit cards.
    Yes, definitely cut up the credit cards. I have been down this road before and it is like a vicious cycle. I think credit card usage can be a trap sometimes… Even though they are necessities sometimes as well.

In my opinion, peer-to-peer lending is as safe as the platform in which the member of the public is investing in. That said, Zopa (and probably a handful of others) have a guarantee fund system which supposedly adds a layer of protection.

I agree with everyone who has stated that it depends on the platform. If you look at kickfurther where its a consignment opportunity, and not an investment, the risk is lower as you own the inventory and still have the option to liquidate should everything that can go wrong with the co-op does go wrong.

Yes this helped improve my knowledge of crowdfunding platforms. I really had the opportunity to gain some knowledge and will be able to focus my specific question all though better. Thanks

What are the most established p2p lenders/sites?

I would say Lend Club is doing alright, sure the stock broke earlier this year but its been slowly and steadily rising as a whole. That's from my stock knowledge not personal experiences. Now from my personal experience, I like Kickfurther as an established consignment platform. From what I've been reading, it fits into the p2p category better than the other categories of crowdfunding. I could possibly share what type of profit i'm looking at, I just don't have it in front of me.

I didn't want to ask so thanks for sharing the video.

Are we here talking about consumer to consumer lending? Or lending to businesses like FundingCircle does as well?

P2p is useful but only in every case people return the money.