Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Real Estate Crowdfunding vs. REIT Investing

I saw that CrowdStreet put together this interesting article on the difference between real estate crowdfunding and REIT investing. Worth a look.

One of the key distinctions between crowdfunding and REIT investing is that crowdfunding offers direct investment in a specific property. Investors buying stock in a REIT, such as a Simon Property Group, are buying shares in that broader real estate company. So, rather than getting an ownership stake in Simonís Houston Galleria, an investor is buying shares in the company and its 325-property portfolio.

For some investors, that more homogenized strategy of buying a sliver of a much larger real estate enterprise works just fine. Yet other investors favor the advantages of direct investing that allows them to choose one specific property in a particular city. For example, investors can choose to invest in an office building in L.A. or a new seniors living facility in Denver.
    What do you think?
    Crowdfunding Tips: Hidden Content
    Crowdfunding News: Hidden Content

i can do that

Crowdfunding is much better than invest because you have to give a part of your company away

This is a great project that I hope gets funded.

Get free demos for 4A0-104 exam and mcts exam with 100% guaranteed success. Our best quality Dean College prepares you well before EMC in the final exams of University of California, San Francisco
    Last edited by Haider459; 11-21-2014 at 12:17 AM.

I had a recent talk with this American speaker about tax liens investment My questions are would it be alright if I would just stick to stocks and municipal bonds instead? Would tax lien certificate be a good return? Pro's and Cons? I'm asking this in relation to a real estate software and Bond that I'm trying to crowd fund(well perhaps in the near future) whne Im done coding

Thanks for this !

ye i start my Crowdfunding too for my doggy emma is sick

I think Crowdfunding is better.

Last edited by PaulHarrell; 02-24-2015 at 07:39 PM.

In the end you have to go with what works for you. Crowdfunding is better if you can get the backing. Sometimes investors can open doors to get your places you can't get to alone (granted at the cost of business ownership).

Thanks for this info! Yeah REITs seem a bit weird to me - I wonder how well REIT-owned properties can do if they're being bought and sold frequently on the market. Crowdfunding is much more what I'd be interested in - choosing properties based on their quality!