Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Great thread!
    I had not heard of this before now so I have found it very useful indeed.
    Thanks!

Thanks for the thread! I have a patreon of my own based around a webcomic I run. It only has scant support so far, but every little bit helps.

Thanks for this. Community engagement is so important to know if youre going in the right direction.
    Please take our rewards survey here: Hidden Content

One of the biggest differences between Patreon and other popular crowdfunding platforms is the fact that you arenít marketing a product in the traditional sense. Instead, success stems from your ability to market yourself as a content creator.
    Thus to attract patrons, you must be able to demonstrate that you can provide content worth supporting.
    For this reason, interacting with fans and potential patrons through videos, messages, and photos should be a major priority.

Is it even possible to have backers right after you start a campaign? You're always gonna start with 0 followers, no?

Quote Originally Posted by pro_larsen View Post
    One of the biggest differences between Patreon and other popular crowdfunding platforms is the fact that you aren’t marketing a product in the traditional sense. Instead, success stems from your ability to market yourself as a content creator.
    Thus to attract patrons, you must be able to demonstrate that you can provide content worth supporting.
    For this reason, interacting with fans and potential patrons through videos, messages, and photos should be a major priority.
    I'd say creating good content should be a major priority. Communicating with your backers, as important as it is, still comes secondary.

these are my Thought too
    1. Consider having more than 1 goal

2. Consider having more than 2 reward tiers

3. Make more than 3 unpaid posts in your first month

4. Send some messages in your first month

5. Spread the word on social media!

Great points, Miguel!

Much needed information. thanks for the post.

Thanks for the info.