Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by blessing View Post
    I attempted to use crowd PR guru two weeks into my campaign, they said that it was ok to pay half upfront and the rest at the end of the Indiegogo campaign. So we did so, they said that they were the best in the business and that they didn't just send out press releases but they pitch the story to their contacts. Two weeks passed and no updates and no movement on our side. They claim that they are results driven, when the sites they put you on are fake dormant sites that they've either created or one of their associates have. They send out templates, and are very nonchalant (I know this because one of their colleagues mistakenly sent me an email about another client, and the "pitch" was exactly like ours) This company is a complete utter scam! Like the rest of the crowdfunding PR companies. I'll strongly advise ANYONE that's been approached via their Kickstarter or Indiegogo not to go with them or use them at all! I know that you don't have the money to lose, especially when you are raising funds for your project.

I'd love to hear everyone else's experience.
    Thanks for letting know. I'll be aware from them and will warn others about crowd PR guru.

They are back! This time not under Crowd Pr Guru, but TopLevelPr (www.toplevelpr.com). Guess they just changed their domain and name after all negative reviews. BUT they did not change their lies and approach. I did some digging:

They claim to have helped thousands of campaigns, selected as the number one crowdfunding agency in the market, etc.
    However:

1. They only exist since FEBRUARY 2016 !!

2. Secondly, there are only negative reviews (the real reviews, not their own marketing messages).

3. They claim the following: “ranked the #1 PR firm for crowdfunders by CF forums. Which forums? There are no mentions, anywhere, except one fake own placed post and many asking who they are + already (they are only 3 months old) reviews from people who got scammed by toplevelpr.com.

4. All their reviews are fake! Non of the Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaigns really exist, and the crowdfunding campaigns they mention finished long before they even started with their ‘service’. Which is… only 3 months ago.

5. The team picture they use: stolen from the KIA PR agency in Eastern Europe…
    They are a SCAM! Stay far far away!

California Attorney General looking into this...

After our run in with Top Level PR we contacted the California Attorney General. While they can not help for civil cases, the case we had was something that perked their interest. If we group together and prove it is a widespread issue the case will be much easier to win. Several of their actions are actually criminal in nature and mean time in jail if proven guilty.

It appears that this has been a long term scam and possibly crossing international boundaries.

It sucks to keep hearing people being hurt by them, lets band together.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlegbotanicals View Post
    After our run in with Top Level PR we contacted the California Attorney General. While they can not help for civil cases, the case we had was something that perked their interest. If we group together and prove it is a widespread issue the case will be much easier to win. Several of their actions are actually criminal in nature and mean time in jail if proven guilty.

It appears that this has been a long term scam and possibly crossing international boundaries.

It sucks to keep hearing people being hurt by them, lets band together.

I agree!! Filed already a BBB.org complaint against them. Something we should all do when ripped of by them. Let me know what you need!

Signed up purely to report an interaction with this group (now known as just Crowd.PR on LinkedIn).

We did not have any interaction prior but Crowd PR spammed our website contact info link and were sending us emails 4-6 times per day with ridiculous claims. Here's how the conversation went:

Us: "Please unsubscribe us from this list. I receive no less than 4-6 emails from you company on a daily basis.

We are not interested and find it suspect that you do not have Unsubscribe options on your emails per CAN-SPAM regulations."

Crowd PR: "asshole"

Crowd PR: "You're a fucking looser. Your campaign is a FAIL, and you reject people that could bring value to your campaign.

Why don't you just quit pretending to be an entrepreneur and go back to a stable 9-5 job where you belong.

William Henry | Business Development CROWD PR | 415-649-0048"

Crowd PR: "Looks like you have time to post online, but not time to actually work on your campaign.

Why is this? BECAUSE YOU ARE A LOOSER"

Crowd PR: "Do you tell your friend and family that you are an entrepreneur? How long do you plan to keep this farce up? It is funny watching masquerade as an entrepreneur. Within 12 jobs you will be back to a nice stable 9-5 job, which is the highest level of intelligence your small mind can handle."

Crowd PR: "Your campaign is pathetic, just as you are pathetic.

A pathetic team produces pathetic results."

Crowd PR: "You don't even know what spam is, do you? I have a right to send you as many direct emails, solicited or not. Spam is defined as unsolicited BULK email.

You are also so stupid in thinking that real agencies do not do outbound sales. Did you know that both Slack and AirBnb both grew to their series B funding through outbound cold unsolicited emails?

LOL what am I talking about -- you probably don't even know what a Series B funding round is, because you are an idiot. You are only good at doing what you are told to do. Which is why you fail as an entrepreneur. But you make a great employee because you just do as you are told - like a dog or a slave."

There you have it folks. Beware!

Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by blessing View Post
    I attempted to use crowd PR guru two weeks into my campaign, they said that it was ok to pay half upfront and the rest at the end of the Indiegogo campaign. So we did so, they said that they were the best in the business and that they didn't just send out press releases but they pitch the story to their contacts. Two weeks passed and no updates and no movement on our side. They claim that they are results driven, when the sites they put you on are fake dormant sites that they've either created or one of their associates have. They send out templates, and are very nonchalant (I know this because one of their colleagues mistakenly sent me an email about another client, and the "pitch" was exactly like ours) This company is a complete utter scam! Like the rest of the crowdfunding PR companies. I'll strongly advise ANYONE that's been approached via their Kickstarter or Indiegogo not to go with them or use them at all! I know that you don't have the money to lose, especially when you are raising funds for your project.

I'd love to hear everyone else's experience.
    Thank you so much for sharing. This is very helpful especially that I am also looking for avenues to promote my kickstarter project.