Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Kickstarter’s Growth Slowing Down?

Kickstarter has had an amazing past few years! They’ve gone from an obscure website where you can raise funds for a project to a world-renown household name. It’s been exciting to watch and even more fun to blog about.

Read the full article here: http://www.crowdcrux.com/kickstarters-growth-slowing/

Is Kickstarter’s Growth Slowing Down.jpg

i hope not i have a project there i am trying to get funded.
    Keith Storo
    Creator, writer and actor
    Another Day The Series
    indiegogo project:

sorry wrong crowdfunding site i am on indiegogo not kickstarter.
    Keith Storo
    Creator, writer and actor
    Another Day The Series
    indiegogo project:

Well, it makes sense because there are a lot of crowdfunding platforms these days. The question is, on which platform are you best to start your project! Maybe, kickstarter isn't optimal for all projects anymore

Still it is the most popular site on the web.
    When I back Indie i also feel less protected.

Quote Originally Posted by wkranenb View Post
    Well, it makes sense because there are a lot of crowdfunding platforms these days. The question is, on which platform are you best to start your project! Maybe, kickstarter isn't optimal for all projects anymore
    Good point. We offer a free crowdfunding workbook for anyone just setting out with a project that helps creators match their project with the right platform. Anyone interested can find it here. Happy Crowdfunding All!

I do find that everytime I talk to a project creator (especially if they have done at least 4 projects) they say that each one has fewer, and fewer viewers.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with big companies using Kickstarter when they don't need it?

I've been wondering about this, in re-searching for my own project I looked at other similar projects in my industry and saw how quickly other projects got funded. I think KS is probably reaching maturity, is becoming more diluted and more competitive. Still a great platform and if a project is done right it can reach such a huge audience.

Yes, its has slowed down a lot since last year, not just kickstarter but also other important platforms.

This is merely opinion based on anecdotal evidence, but it seems the public has been growing more and more cynical about kickstarter endeavors in recent months. I hope I'm wrong, but I kind of expect that trend to continue.