Hey, I create music and do gaming streams, and stuff.

https://www.patreon.com/jmaa

So practically because most of my fans suck at these things, I need to count on anyone else.

Also, any advice on this?

I think it's going to take time to build up the following, but I would educate your existing fans about how Patreon works and what they will get out of it.
    Crowdfunding Tips: Hidden Content
    Crowdfunding News: Hidden Content

Welcome to game, I'm new too, and searching for advice, I followed your page, good luck

I looked at your page, it looks pretty good, and you've got graphics to catch people's eye. I will be interested to see how you progress.

doing well so far

Page looks really amazing!

I've been looking through different forums to see if I can figure out the keys to success, too, but... it looks like it'll just take time? Good luck though!

Having done a lot of gaming related stuff I'd say you're off to a great start. Graphically at the top the header is the first thing people will see who are checking your page out. So in your case if you're streaming rather than having it be a representation of you, I'd try to visually convey to visitors what games you are streaming. That way without reading I as a visitor can tell if i'm going to like the channel.

Then for your personal branding you an either put words and logos over the top of the hero image or just do what you're already doing which is use the avatar inset area for your profile pic.

You're video on the Patreon page has serious audio problems. Having game audio, chat audio, music, and voice-over all at once is difficult on the ears. I would suggest taking out game/chat audio from the video since that is probably tied together on one track. When doing a video like this you really don't need that in there it just distracts from what you're trying to say in the video.